TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:16 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:46 am 

Hi,
I live in Pakistan and plan to plant a 1.3 in a mini austin. i watn to know if there are any advantages of going the carb way, most probably weber twin barrel. the reason being that there are almost no ecu experts down herre, and it will be a real tough one doing it all oneself.

some one told me that 10-15 hp may be added to the stock motor.

also what are the hp values/0-100 acc values on a swift itself without any internal modifications, just carbs, header, exhaust, and cold air intake with performance plugs and wires etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:56 pm 

Hi, you can realistically expect around 10-15bhp from just carbs.

also what are the hp values/0-100 acc values on a swift itself without any internal modifications, just carbs, header, exhaust, and cold air intake with performance plugs and wires etc.

this is a hard question... i have just a exhuast, cold air induction and bosch super4 plugs, my car deveops 119.7 bhp, this is using 97 RON fuel.
with just these modsi think that car will do 0-100 in the high 7's. this is a estimate based on cars that i have raced and driven.

i think a guy on this forum has the mods you mention and hes pushing around 160bhp, actually he also has camshafts aswell.

I am building my other engine at the moment, which will eventually have carbs, a header, a scorpion exhaust, cold air intake, magnecor cables and bosch super 4 plugs, also will have a skimmed, and ported and polished head, lightened flywheel, underdrive pulley, and loads of other crap, i will let you know how much bhp it develops once it complete.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:35 am 

Thanks for the info TRIPLE-R.

Are you making 119 hp with carbs or without them. if you arent would adding them increase this figure for you? I ask this as i have had mixed opinions about the performance of carbs, some say they increase and others believe they are just crap and lower the output of the engine.

yes i too beleive from the results i have read that with 115-125 hp 0-100 would be in the high 7s, which makes me aim for about 170-180 hp, still without internal mods, except for perhaps different pistons for turbo charging.

i will keep waiting for your results on your new engine, and best of luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:53 pm 

hey, the 119.7bhp is at the flywheel without carbs... And yes if added carbs this would go well near 135.

People always tell you different things because they dont know. there are a few ppl on this forum who have carbs and have good increases in power. i am sure that if you check out the carbs section you can see their setup

with 170-180 bhp you will struggle for traction, i suggest you fit a LSD with this sort of power. Also for this power definately user lower compression pistons and get the block o-ringed.

i will let you know of my progress

lata

Post subject: my fellow countrymen
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:35 am 

i just read ur post n glad 2 know that i am not the only 1 from this obsolete country. nyways i know how u feel when u complain of the zilch efi experts here but there r a hand full n i mean a mere hand full. if i remember there was this dude who had swapped in a g13b in his mini but dont remember his location. a friend of mine once shoved in a charade motor in his mini n it actually worked out well. id suggest u go the sohc route first n run it on its own carb n if its successful itll really do wonders in that mini. well if u need any more help just mail me at tahamehmood@hotmail.com