TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:12 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:23 am 

hello guys

finally got all the parts needed to do the carb conversion. (low pressure pump, FPR, ignition box, bike carbs, and extra intake manifold) i will begin the conversion soon and will write down all steps with pics to make a page for the conversion. but b4 i begin...i still have some questions about the setup. so here i am...wanted some advices from those who had successfully compeleted the conversion or have knowledge about carburation. so, let's get down to business......

my goal is to convert a set of bike carbs to run on a MKII G13b motor using a cutted stock manifold and connect them with hoses. although this setup is not respectful and reliable but i just want gain some knowledge on carburation b4 i go with the real carb conversion. in another word....i just want to make this setup RUN!

i've read through most of the post here and i understand what needed to be done. but...there still some questions out there that i need answer.

1. on an EFI setup...there is a line called "fuel return line"...the one that return the extra fuel back to the tank. but when it comes to a Carb setup...i think there is no such line at all. caz on the bike carb, i dont think there such a line also. i dont know...can some one help out here?

2. i have a MSD 6al ignition box and blaster 2 coil. i need some advice on how to hook it up. caz i know u gotta hook up to the wire or wires by the dist. but which one? what color? need help plz...

3. since i bought an external fuel pump...where is the best place to mount it? inside engine bay? in car? or by the fuel tank?

so far...these were the only questions that confuses me right now. if i run into more questions...i will post on later.

thanks for your time and hope i can find the answer soon!

tukhoi

Post subject: Carb Conversion
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:16 pm 

Which bike carbs do you have ????
Or what make and model of bike are they from ??

Poruki

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:00 pm 

And what fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator?

Post subject: hmm....
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:07 am 

hey guys

i got the carbs off a Honda CBR 600....but forgot what year. it's a KeiHin brand not Mikuni...but i think is similiar. for the fuel pump, it's a cheap a** kind that u can find at most of the autoparts store. the regulator is a Daytona brand 1 - 5 psi adjustments.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:51 am 

if you need some help e-mail me and i will try my best to help you with the set-up. i ran this set-up all last summer and i loved it and so did the honda owners in my city. they couldn't believe i pulled it off.

Post subject: .....
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:10 am 

So they are 36 or 38mm carbs? Keihin is basically the same type of carb as the Mikuni....Keihin is owned mostly by Honda now, if I recall. You'll like the swap. :)

In the middle of fitting up 40mm Mikunis off an R1 Yamaha, myself.