TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:54 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The BAD boy's
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:17 pm 

Here is a shot of one of two sets of the carbs for my project motor. One set is 36mm for short track use and the other is 38 for long tracks. Notice on full race carbs that the intake track is coated with teflon. Every air and fuel circuit is tunable along with the excelerator pump. And the best part for old school guys like me: NO ENGINE MANAGMENT!

Post subject: .....
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:32 pm 

If only I had the dollars and the room in the engine bay....how much were they?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 11:46 am 

I got both sets when a large bike store went in to recievership, (Daytona) I paid $250 Cnd for each set. And no there is no more just to answer what would have been the next question. One other cool point on these carbs, each carb slides on the tracks to line up with any port layout (sweet). I also got a brand new Stainless steel 4-2-1 pipe for a YZF 1000 and and super trap stainless steel tunable mufller for $100 Cnd. will only need some clipping to fit as I have a SS flange from jaramunth. It is also having a servo controlled valve installed in the collector. Best of both worlds I hope, but I do want a screamer.

Post subject: Re: The BAD boy's
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 12:14 pm 

GMC wrote:
NO ENGINE MANAGMENT!

do you use that with the stock ecu???????????? how can u do that? can u please explain that more, for me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:13 pm 

MSD distubutor graffed on to cam using mech weights, msd brain box and coil. By no engine magnt. I mean none of that fancey stuff needed to mngt turbo's and EFI , just a basic old fashion hot rod system.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:43 pm 

Now that's what I'm talkin about. Old school inginuity. Love the carbs. Keep us posted on the install.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 1:43 am 

GMC wrote:
I got both sets when a large bike store went in to recievership, (Daytona) I paid $250 Cnd for each set. And no there is no more just to answer what would have been the next question.

I don't like you any more.... :lol:

Mine is about ready for the final top-end tuning now...just have to get some time to book the tuner again.

lt looks like you have nice big fuel bowls on those, unlike some of the 34/36mm stock bike carbs. The sliding track feature will certainly make creating your manifold easy. I still had to offset mine to clear my braking components on my RHD car. Pain in the butt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 11:22 am 

All kinds of stuff went super cheap in the final days of that place, I got carbon fiber super bike mufflers for $50 , o-ring chains for $10, A Mick Dohaen helmet for $75 . They were saleing used bike for $100 and up. It was great while it lasted. Also for any one intrested on the MSD distubutor after machining the lenght down and adapt to fit you just clip away every second pickup in the cap and grind off every second lobe on the sensor. you now have a system that is a very heavy duty 4 cyl. system. the great part is you can pick up used V-8 stuff cheap.

Post subject: Re: The BAD boy's
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:41 am 

leoluton wrote:
GMC wrote:
NO ENGINE MANAGMENT!

do you use that with the stock ecu???????????? how can u do that? can u please explain that more, for me?

Oh fuck, that's a laugh I needed.......umm, dude, your a little behind the curve, no engine management=carburettor, the closest thing you have to a computer is your digital clock. No ecu in sight.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:05 am 

Since I could not be bothered wiring in a brand new fuel pump shut-down circuit - I still use my ECU. It has a nice shutdown circuit already in place - made it easy. It may not be in sight - and can be removed in about 2 minutes - but it is still there! :)