TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:24 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: G16 16V SOHC Bike Carbs
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:49 pm 

Alright, I know that with enough fabrication time i can swap a G16 16V SOHC into a mk2 or mk3 metro(haven't had any luck finding a gti in Jersey). Does anyone know anything about the ignition system on this engine? Basically I'm wondering if anyone knows if its a similar setup to the gti in that i'd have to run aftermarket ignition in order to make it work with sidedrafts.

-Jay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 10:44 pm 

Would an earlier model G16 mechanical dizzy bolt in? If so, there is your solution. I run a Mk1 GTi, the dizzy on that is not ecu-controlled so it was an 'easy' swap to carbs as ignition was already standalone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:37 pm 

it might, my only concern is cam/distributor gear alignment and if it would all be cherry... when i get some more parts to start building the motor i'll investigate that. Thanks man

-Jay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:03 pm 

i just checked my repair cd on the 1.6l 16v and it says that the ignition IS controlled by the ecu