TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:25 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:56 pm 

hi people
i ve got an alto, ive just installed a gti dohc.

i am trying to setup my car with different carbs, maybe with 2 mikunis (2 throttle) or 4 solex carbs (single throttle) , which do you all think would be ideal. cause goin for the weber or bike would be expensive for us. anyway, during last drag race i had a sohc 8 valve with 290 cam, msd 6a and ss coil, splitfire plugs, msd wires. and i had twin solexcarbs with 2 k&ns dirently on the carbs poping out the hood. i did a quater mile in 16.25 secs..

now we are trying with dohc and nitrous, what do you think bout that.

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:08 am 

Mid 14 n/a, no nitrous, has been done. Just for a target to aim at.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:22 am 

dude but keeping in mind the power to wieght ratio, the timing would be in early 14s, wht do u think? anyother mods, u think i should do, keeping cost in mind...?

Post subject: filter
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:59 am 
Teamswift Racer

i would try a sheild right in front of those air cleaners. i have ran carbs like that and always found driveability issues.
cold air is good. but you can't force air where it doesn't belong.

16's seem awefully slow for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:29 pm 

VERY VERY nice project. :shock: :D . I was looking for some info on installing a gti engine in an alto. what year is that car? is it a 2dr? do you have a picture of the engine bay and the complete car? I noticed the altos have a lower mid frame in the engine bay. does that have to be removed for the engine to fit? did the engine fitted easily in the alto? what type of engine mounts / support did you use? costum made? a picture of that would be nice too?
thanks.
I think that car with a gti engine and R1 carbs will run very low 14sec.

1991-GTi: JE 75mm 11:1 pistons,Ported head, Single UD pulley (OCC),Sandros chip,Aluminium flywheel,3tech 222/365 cams, Cultus headers,Cultus IM,50mm tb,Crane cams adjustable cam gears,Apex suspension, 4.39fd GB.
1989-GTi: 3Tech 210/340 Cams,Cultus IM, B&G springs, TD04L turbo, Apexi SAFC, Suzukird UD pulley, Circuitse7en dual boost controller, AEM wideband, AEM water / meth injection kit, HKS bov.
2001-Altezza AS200: Stock.-sold
2003-EVO7 GT-A
Aruba "one happy island".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:28 pm 

dude my alto is 4 dr.
i dont have any pics right now but i would post some in this week,
its very easy to fit the engine you only have to make a custom front right apron mounting cause the timing belt cover of the ti is little broder. thats it, and if you have a right hand drive then you will have to do changes in the brake oil container. and rest is all the electricals. thats it, and offcourse the distributor is you doin carb setup