TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:50 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:12 pm 

I was drag racing last week and when I was shifting into 3rd gear as fast as I could it would feel like it would go into gear and the shifter would stay in place but it would not be in gear it would just rev and not go anywhere to i took it out and put it back in gear.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:39 pm 

Do you think the linkage is loose? That could be checked easily. If not sounds like internal issues to me.

Sometimes when I decide to clean the carbon out of my little ole 3 banger in my vert (shift at 6500 hehe...245k miles hehe) and go to shift too fast it will grind going into third. Never just free revs.

Now when I brought my GT home last year after buying it about 100 miles away and racing my buddies 94 GS-R on the return trip, I had it do something similar shifting from 3rd to 4th at redline it would go into gear but free rev if I wasn't careful...The issue in my opinion was that the clutch was alot touchier (supposed to be stage 2) than my stock vert clutch, and I wasn't letting all the way up on the clutch petal because of the fast shifting and trying to get back into the gass too quick racing the GS-R :P

So you might want to check the clutch and make sure it is adjusted correctly as well.

Chris

Down to one car and no suzuki's :(. Maybe I will get a gixxor :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:18 pm 
Make love, not moderators

You may have bent a shift fork.