TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:36 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 94 gt, what clutch?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:28 pm 

clutch slips a bit so its need to be changed.

should i just get a oem replacement, from the parts store?

or something better suggestions?

tyvm,.

Post subject: Re: 94 gt, what clutch?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:13 pm 
Suzuki Elder

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0986438445

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:38 pm 

I think I'm gunna get that one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:05 pm 

on ebay i bought an exeddy cluth from gripforce in cali...it worked very well.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=53416

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:01 pm 
Suzuki Elder

i just received a stage 3 clutch from the outfit in the link above, grip_force from ebay. the friction material is as hard as a brick. it will be my first use of this style. sometimes it's hard to move away from a design i'm used to and give something else a try.

the cutch disc is one of those 4 blade jobs with 8 copper ceramic pucks and the pressure plate is dark blue painted and serious business. it really looks like the shit and it was under a $100us with shipping. the instruction sheet that came with the kit indicates a 750 mile break-in period.

i'm working with my machinist to gin up a skeletonized flywheel. once we get the numbers together for the cnc mill i'll be able to have him turn them out any time i want one. it's looking like they will be 7.5 to 8 pounds. :wink:

My Turbo3 Project
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:57 pm 

t3 ragtop wrote:
i just received a stage 3 clutch from the outfit in the link above, grip_force from ebay. the friction material is as hard as a brick. it will be my first use of this style. sometimes it's hard to move away from a design i'm used to and give something else a try.

the cutch disc is one of those 4 blade jobs with 8 copper ceramic pucks and the pressure plate is dark blue painted and serious business. it really looks like the shit and it was under a $100us with shipping. the instruction sheet that came with the kit indicates a 750 mile break-in period.

i'm working with my machinist to gin up a skeletonized flywheel. once we get the numbers together for the cnc mill i'll be able to have him turn them out any time i want one. it's looking like they will be 7.5 to 8 pounds. :wink:

funny you posted that one,

i was going to buy that stage 3 one, because the different pp, i did not like the clutch disk, im not a fan of pucks

let me know how it feels

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:03 am 
Suzuki Elder

the same seller lists the same pressure plate with a conventional clutch disc in a stage 1 kit for $80.

My Turbo3 Project
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:01 pm 

Just an FYI on this, I installed one of those 4 pucks from that company in the rally car, and so far so good over about 140 km of stage. The engagement distance is quite small from touch to fully engaged, but it's not as bad as you may think.

Be very careful about the release adjustment. I had the clutch cable too tight, bottomed out the release bearing on the clutch disc itself and ruined the bearing + the release fork. That sucked. Fortunately the clutch itself survived, so another release bearing and fork later + a proper adjustment and it was okay. When clutching in for the first time, go very gently and make sure the engagement point is properly close to the middle/bottom of the pedal travel.