TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:14 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:48 am 

I just picked up a 94 swift 1.3 sohc 5 speed. I have a 91 metro 5 speed that im pulling the new parts and swapping out with good used parts before I sell it. I just put axles on it and wanted to confirm if they are a direct swap. I have a ton of new parts on It that I want for the swift and the other metro. Just want to male sure before I make any commitment of stuff i need to purchase.

8mm silicon wires.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:46 am 

Axles are different. The 4cyl trans sits closer to the drivers side of car to allow the bigger engine to fit. The inner and outer joints should be the same, but shaft length will be different.

1967 Mustang 428 auto, never ending expensive project
1993 Civic si h22a, fell in my lap, couldn't resist!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:32 am 

If the metro is a 4 cyl then yes they will fit. if its a 3 cyl they wont fit.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:46 pm 

codyb76 wrote:
Axles are different. The 4cyl trans sits closer to the drivers side of car to allow the bigger engine to fit. The inner and outer joints should be the same, but shaft length will be different.

Cool. Thank yoy guys for the info. I did notice but couldn't verify that

8mm silicon wires.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:39 pm 

Okay. I have another question. I am looking around for skf bearings for the front hubs and the skf bearings for this axle support bearing. Or whatever it's called.

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemn ... 26S0Z03432

I want to do all skf bearings for my car. Anybody know the best place to get them?

8mm silicon wires.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:19 am 

They aren't anything weird, basically whatever supplier you prefer will have no problem getting them. The three cylinder cars use two straight roller bearings (9007 2rsj if memory serves me??) and a seal, all 4cyl cars(89-94) used a one piece double roller tapered bearing and a seal. 95 up mk4 cars all used the bigger double roller bearing regardless of engine option. There are cheap and expensive bearings, use your own discretion when choosing what you want. Price may be a factor, but understand that there is a significant difference in how long they will last. I've used both and eh work fine, but have had to replace cheap ones again later, where very likely the better ones will last the life of car once installed.
The two piece roller ones are quite easy to install, the double roller one is a bit harder, so factor that in on your expected install time. Nice to have a grinder or torch, press as well for the double roller. A slide hammer make disassembly a lot easier as well

1967 Mustang 428 auto, never ending expensive project
1993 Civic si h22a, fell in my lap, couldn't resist!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:13 pm 

codyb76 wrote:
They aren't anything weird, basically whatever supplier you prefer will have no problem getting them. The three cylinder cars use two straight roller bearings (9007 2rsj if memory serves me??) and a seal, all 4cyl cars(89-94) used a one piece double roller tapered bearing and a seal. 95 up mk4 cars all used the bigger double roller bearing regardless of engine option. There are cheap and expensive bearings, use your own discretion when choosing what you want. Price may be a factor, but understand that there is a significant difference in how long they will last. I've used both and eh work fine, but have had to replace cheap ones again later, where very likely the better ones will last the life of car once installed.
The two piece roller ones are quite easy to install, the double roller one is a bit harder, so factor that in on your expected install time. Nice to have a grinder or torch, press as well for the double roller. A slide hammer make disassembly a lot easier as well

I have all of the above. I am doing the axles tomorrow so I will see if I can read the info off of the inner axle bearing when I do them.

Does anyone have a parts number list for the axle system for a 1994 suzuki swift 1.3l sohc?

8mm silicon wires.