TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:33 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:52 pm 
a.k.a Bum head

There's always a few skeptics in the crowd... :roll:

I'll just sit on the fence, as usual, and wait to see what happens. He didn't strike me as the type of guy to be a jerk either... let's hope that you guys are wrong and that he's swiftly recovering as we speak. (Pun originally not intended... :lol:)

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:05 pm 

spt-3x1.0 wrote:
He's been in a coma now close to a month. Doctors are saying that its looking better for a full recovery,but with in the 1st week they lost him twice, but Tom is a fighter & DEFINATELY NOT A THEIF. Just yesterday I found a pc of paper with his screenname & password on it for teamswift. So thats why im writting this to all you guys out there.
PS If I recall correctly Tom had told me that he was planning to send out the tranny after the memorial day weekend

Ok, sure not good news, and I hope Tom is doing better.

I guess I have mixed feelings here. I certainly am sad to hear that Tom was in an accident. Not good. Very, very sorry to hear it. I also understand that Tom was planning on sending my transmission after Memorial Day...but I guess since that was a month after I paid him, I kinda wish he would have sent the thing in anything resembling a timely manner. If he could have sent it even 2-3 weeks after getting my money, I'd be good to go.

Hopefully Tom gets well. I'm not excited that Tom procrastinated so long with the transmission, and certainly not glad to be out $300 for who knows how long, and not excited to hear that Tom is hurt. Bad deal all around.

Perhaps you could send the trans, Cheryl? Last I spoke to Tom, he said that he had it pulled and had cleaned it off and had it ready to send. He had planned to send it Fed Ex, said he had sent transmissions with them a few times before.

Should be easy enough to get it on the road to me, and I'd appreciate it. We could wrap up the whole matter, and all is good with the world and the delay is water under the bridge.

Best wishes to Tom.

Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:43 pm 

mbrickell wrote:
Perhaps you could send the trans, Cheryl? Last I spoke to Tom, he said that he had it pulled and had cleaned it off and had it ready to send. He had planned to send it Fed Ex, said he had sent transmissions with them a few times before.

Should be easy enough to get it on the road to me, and I'd appreciate it. We could wrap up the whole matter, and all is good with the world and the delay is water under the bridge.

You could even arrange to have it picked up if it's that close to ready. I know it'd be extra $$, but then at least you'd have the tranny you need and could settle the cost of that later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:33 pm 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

I'll pick it up if you want to arrange for the shipping ? I should be close enough .. or you could talk tuffcarguy into it, he doesn't do any real work :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:30 pm 

n1tr0 wrote:
I'll pick it up if you want to arrange for the shipping ? I should be close enough .. or you could talk tuffcarguy into it, he doesn't do any real work :lol:

How's that for a dedicated admin.

BTW, how would Cheryl know to find this thread and only this thread to respond in... hmmm. When BramGTI had his accident and his girl really did log in for him and tell us what happened, she just posted it wherever.
Call me skeptical... but it's just a little much to swallow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:36 pm 

This is posted in the "General Discussion" section which is the first place most people would look as it is also the first section (the FAQ's doesn't really count as it's obvious as to what it is). That and this is one of the first threads in that section. When she was to come here this thread would stand out like a sore thumb. It would be a natural place to post, especially when she was to read a little bit of it. We should give Tom and Cheryl the benefit of the doubt. If he really is in a coma you will all feel like sh!t. I don't think many of us know him well enough to make these sort of harsh decisions about him and or his girlfriend.

Currently driving a 1996 Geo Metro 1.0L
Mods coming...............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:49 pm 
Island Inbreeder

n1tr0 wrote:

Woah, woah, woah.
I think I do less work then tuffy
and could help do this job If it was warented
just Email me @ prplmnkydshwsr@comcast.net Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:42 pm 

suprf1y wrote:
I don't buy it.

Starting to sound like a Lar's (GTi Couple) story...Remember all the doctor stories, wife sending out wrong parts, parts not finished, a gazillion excuses. Who the heck would come onto any forum with their spouse in a near death situation? I call BS :twisted:

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:11 pm 
Island Inbreeder

WE0H wrote:
suprf1y wrote:
I don't buy it.

Starting to sound like a Lar's (GTi Couple) story...Remember all the doctor stories, wife sending out wrong parts, parts not finished, a gazillion excuses. Who the heck would come onto any forum with their spouse in a near death situation? I call BS :twisted:

Mike

come 'on you got to have some faith in your felow man
other wise
you will die alone and bitter

"Shit happens "
some times you win and some times you'll lose
that's what life's all about
knowing how to roll when shite happen's
don't give up on you fellow man no matter how many times you've been burned
GOT TO HAVE HOPE
other wise life is not worth living

alternitive live in a cacoon that way you never be effected
with life's up-n-down

ok I will now get off my soap box
Scott JV&S prplmnkydshwshr@comcast.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:40 am 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

WE0H wrote:
suprf1y wrote:
I don't buy it.

Mike

ya I had to show up on Lar's doorstep with a buddy in the middle of the night as well ...
(of course before anyone jumps on this, he was never hurt or threatened)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:11 am 

I didn't mean to say that whoever it is that typed the stuff under his account was lying, I'm just saying it seems kind of unlikely. I found this thread while searching, and posted without thinking it through.

Turbo2475 is right, it doesn't seem too far-fetched that this be forum she goes to post in and sees this thread.

I agree with you 100% man, I'll feel like crap for doubting with everybody else if and when he comes back. But right now it just doesn't look good. I sure hope we are wrong. :?

It is easy to give the benefit of the doubt when it's not our stuff that hasn't shipped yet. Bear in mind the reason the transmission was ordered is to get a car running, this isn't a bling item or an upgrade or go fast parts.. I don't know what I'd do if it were me waiting to hear whether my hard earned money disappeared, not to mention waiting to fix the car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:17 am 
The mad quebecer
The mad quebecer

n1tr0 wrote:
ya I had to show up on Lar's doorstep with a buddy in the middle of the night as well ...

No need for hurting or threatening. The simple sight of you standing at the door in the middle of the night must be scarying enough. :shock:

Was the bat aluminium or wood? From my experience, aluminium sounds deeper and better on bones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:25 am 
Mama Said Knock You Out!
Mama Said Knock You Out!

I'll bet he just showed up in his tighty whities :lol: That's even more scary :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:35 am 
abby normal

Jardamuth wrote:
n1tr0 wrote:

No need for hurting or threatening. The simple sight of you standing at the door in the middle of the night must be scarying enough. :shock:

Was the bat aluminium or wood? From my experience, aluminium sounds deeper and better on bones.

As funny as this thread is getting, the bottom line is the money was paid, and the trans.
needs to be shipped. Or the (thief ?) Banned.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:42 am 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

well time to revisit an old thread ....
what's the status ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:13 am 

Tom should be back coz I received some messages from him wanting to buy some stuff.

Oh and reading this thread reminds me of Lars (GTI Couple). Must have lost at least US$500 worth of parts with him. Too bad I'm too far away to be able to turn up at his doorstep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:26 am 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

I turned up on Lars doorstep several times, had to make a surprise visit with some company to really get him motivated, I really don't enjoy having to go down that road with people, esp. former friends.
drugs & alcohol can really mess, some otherwise, good people up.

Post subject: status
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:56 am 

n1tr0 wrote:
well time to revisit an old thread ....
what's the status ?

Thanks for remembering and asking. A kind person emailed me today that spt-3x1.0 had reappeared on the boards. I've sent email, pm, and posted so that Tom would obviously see that I was interested in resolving the situation, so we'll see what happens...

appreciate the assistance and interest of many here in helping me resolve this...thanks!

matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:33 pm 

I hope he has contacted you by now as I see he has made a post 5 hours after your last one.

http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?t=27733

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:56 pm 

I know that in canada you have 6 months to claim for any theft, unless otherwise stated in your are. But that means full filling of all nescesary papers.

Sadly enough, stock for now

Sorry if there are any spelling mistakes.
I try to spell check all posts, but I am not a dictionary.
If you must comment on my grammar, ensure that you are perfect, and then do so politely.
Cette façon la vous ne détachez pas comme un espèce de connard. Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:38 pm 
Make love, not moderators

What I want to know is why is this thread even in this area of the forum.

Can a mod move this thing already? Sick of looking at it everytime I come here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:12 pm 

TheINCRide wrote:
What I want to know is why is this thread even in this area of the forum.

Can a mod move this thing already? Sick of looking at it everytime I come here.

The subject has been addressed.
It is in 2 areas, for the benefit of all the members.
Don't like it?
Don't read it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:29 pm 

spt-3x1.0 wrote:
I have sent Matt a pm back to respond to this matter about the money & tranny situation & i had even spoke about it in my post a few weeks ago.

"I'M ALIVE & START BACK TO WORK NEXT WEEK"

This matter will take time for me to resolve due to my very large hospital & doctor bills from being in the hospital for almost 5 months,BUT I will resolve the matter with Matt & make it RIGHT with him.

Yes, for all who have been following this deal, Tom has indeed contacted me and made a commitment to resolve the issue. Appreciate that, Tom, as I know you have gone through a lot. FYI. Sorry I did not see your previous post earlier. Take care -- Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:38 pm 

all i can say is this , the other day my girl wouldnt change the channel and being lazy as i am i had to set thru an episode of days of our lifes(soap opera on tv) , i swear this post is just like watching one of those episodes... i think one of the guys on that shows name is tom.. rofl..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next