TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:57 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:51 am 

smokinstorm wrote:
I purchsed this and installed it on my 95 Swift just recently. The transaction couldn't have gone better and Andy is great to deal with. Upon installation, it wouldn't quite fit at first but I made the holes slightly elongated and groud off about an 1/8th of an inch on the bottom of the flange on the number 4 port and it went right on. Though it fit with the radiator in the stock location I moved mine over about a 1/4" towards the left side of the car for added clearance. I have A/C on my car. The performance increase was immediately apparent in the upper RPM range. I added a custom exhaust system at the same time so some of the performance increase has to be attributed to that. All in all, I can't imagine a better 200 dollars spent. Just get this header and call it a day.

Your lucky,

Took me 3 months to get mine, flu, races, forgotten, oh we need a core for this part sorry for not telling you.

Then I got it, fucking bullshit is what I got... Chrome is piss poor, I have to grind off the lip of the pipe at the flange, then I have to finish fucking welding the fucking thing because it's only tack welded at the flange. Then lets move to the collector, we'll ignore the rust, the BAD chroming(you can see it go from shiny to dull to rust), and we'll talk about the hack job that is the collector. I've seen better welding from a kid who just finished his 3rd class of welding or about 12 hours.

I could think of $200 better spent...

Oh wait, $200 I have to spend on getting the damn thing ceramic coated, or it'll rot off inside of two years. Mmm... love that thin wall pipe, chrome goes just far enough in for you to think maybe it got chromed on the inside too... HAH... looked inside the collector, yum at the burrs and dirty welds, but rust as far as the eye could see. :blackeye:

Just so you know, I got mine about 5 months ago. :|

J. McBean: '98 Suzuki Swift 1.3L 16v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk5" Made in Canada
The Mini Rattler: '94 Suzuki Swift .993L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk3" Made in Canada *The Winter Beater*
B. Berry: '90 Chevrolet Turbo Sprint 1.0L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk2" Made in Japan

I got 18MPG in a 3cyl with a 5 speed manual 4dr, '93 Metro! :yeahyeah

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:39 pm 

gamefoo21 wrote:
smokinstorm wrote:
I purchsed this and installed it on my 95 Swift just recently. The transaction couldn't have gone better and Andy is great to deal with. Upon installation, it wouldn't quite fit at first but I made the holes slightly elongated and groud off about an 1/8th of an inch on the bottom of the flange on the number 4 port and it went right on. Though it fit with the radiator in the stock location I moved mine over about a 1/4" towards the left side of the car for added clearance. I have A/C on my car. The performance increase was immediately apparent in the upper RPM range. I added a custom exhaust system at the same time so some of the performance increase has to be attributed to that. All in all, I can't imagine a better 200 dollars spent. Just get this header and call it a day.

Your lucky,

Took me 3 months to get mine, flu, races, forgotten, oh we need a core for this part sorry for not telling you.

Then I got it, fucking bullshit is what I got... Chrome is piss poor, I have to grind off the lip of the pipe at the flange, then I have to finish fucking welding the fucking thing because it's only tack welded at the flange. Then lets move to the collector, we'll ignore the rust, the BAD chroming(you can see it go from shiny to dull to rust), and we'll talk about the hack job that is the collector. I've seen better welding from a kid who just finished his 3rd class of welding or about 12 hours.

I could think of $200 better spent...

Oh wait, $200 I have to spend on getting the damn thing ceramic coated, or it'll rot off inside of two years. Mmm... love that thin wall pipe, chrome goes just far enough in for you to think maybe it got chromed on the inside too... HAH... looked inside the collector, yum at the burrs and dirty welds, but rust as far as the eye could see. :blackeye:

Just so you know, I got mine about 5 months ago. :|

Sorry to hear that you had/have problems with yours. Mine has been on for 6 days now so I can't give any long term results. I don't know what I said to Andy to make SRD do mine any differently than for anybody else but I swear it's fine. They at first didn't weld on the collector flange but did that for me before shipping. They welded in an O2 sensor bung as well as it didn't have that at first either. Professional welding job on both. Like I said, I truly am sorry your experience was not as good as mine but I stand by what I said based on my experience. In my case there's no way I'll ever spend a better 200 bucks based on what I got.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:53 pm 

image_id: 14447

image_id: 14448

image_id: 14446

image_id: 14449

image_id: 14450

image_id: 14451

Just so no one thinks I'm puffing smoke about how much this header sucks. There is no excuse for how this thing made it out the door, it just wasn't done, and then they dipped it in a chrome bath, that didn't have enough chrome... My camera sucks, or i'd show the hey look, the back of this pipe isn't chromed, and there is rust leeching out of where the pipes meet. :huh:

$190(header) + $15(O2 bung) + $57(shipping) = Just the beginning... :roll:

J. McBean: '98 Suzuki Swift 1.3L 16v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk5" Made in Canada
The Mini Rattler: '94 Suzuki Swift .993L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk3" Made in Canada *The Winter Beater*
B. Berry: '90 Chevrolet Turbo Sprint 1.0L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk2" Made in Japan

I got 18MPG in a 3cyl with a 5 speed manual 4dr, '93 Metro! :yeahyeah

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:50 pm 

I just purchased another one of these headers, this time for my 92 GT. Once again, initial reaction is positive. Good fit and finish. I run an open exhaust and this header sure beats the open exhaust manifold for sound. I will be taking the car back to the dyno for some real world horsepower gains (or losses). I took the car to the dyno a week ago with the stock manifold just to see what gains would be realized from the header. I'll post up before/after dyno sheets so everyone can see exactly what's going on. Butt dyno feels better in the upper range but that's so subjective it's hard to rely on. Results to follow. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:47 pm 

damn, another dead end result? why say "results to follow" if you guys wont follow up for the results? lol, headers is nice, any affordable alternative?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:39 pm 

ponzy wrote:
damn, another dead end result? why say "results to follow" if you guys wont follow up for the results? lol, headers is nice, any affordable alternative?

Yeah, wait for a used Genie one to surface like I did! :P

2010 Suzuki Jimny - The DD Workhorse!