TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:31 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:28 pm 

150dollarcar wrote:
m wrote:
If you want to play something with silly bass in it try some of Enya's music. Most of it is very well recorded and some of the low notes drop way down into the 20's if not a little bit lower.

I bet you're right about that but less than enthused to try it myself. a good one for sq is queen's I want to break free. I used that one to tune many times. sneaker pimps are a group that is very well recorded and can really show off bass and mids at the same time. downward spiral and newer nine inch nails. reznor is an incredible sound engineer. early 311 is pretty nicely recorded as well.

for bass I nominate anything by pendulum, anything by young jeezy (especially air forces), kmfdm's megalomaniac, bjork's hyperballad, infected mushroom's becoming insane, justice's let there be light (often tuning to this one lately), kanye west's diamonds from sierra leone.

if I might suggest an all around system banger I'd put deftones down for around the fur, especially if you're running tens.

honestly I should've mentioned converting vegetarians rather than insane, but still, they're all good for bass.

I don't know how I forgot paperback writer as being one of the most clearly recorded tracks ever. excellent staging, decent volume, a little bright on some systems, but I can't say enough for the staging. beatles- paperback writer.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:28 am 

The unrated version of the "Whisper Song" by the Ying Yang twins!

84 Horizon / 1760 lbs / was 17.9, now 23.0 mpg
96 Geo Metro / 1590 lbs / was 46.2, now 60 mpg!
95 Neon / unk mpg so far

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:38 pm 

The Boston Rally Bass Collection by Boston Acoustics.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:33 pm 

m wrote:
Infected's Scorpion track is a little deeper than insane and the percution is a little sharper which is nice for midbass tunning. Enya, as previously mentioned, is just plain silly if you have enough cone to keep up at high volume. Timbabland's Apologize is pretty good for clean lines. All time mental deepest OMFGBBQ! bass track would likely go to Bassaholics' "Bass I Love You". It has fundamentals in the 5Hz range at 0db.

that picture you have, that's some kind of rta reading right? am I looking at the pink dots for true response? why so colourful? sorry not quite sure how to read it but I do get the idea. the pink dots seem to form out the frequency response vertically if you're saying that it hits a 5Hz note.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:14 pm 
King of Pompous

Its not an RTA per se. It will tell you the frequency spectrum & output of any given recording (the recording itself). The colours range from 0db (attenuation) down to whatever you choose. In the case of this one pink represents 0db. That particular part of the song shows huge output in the 20Hz range and a couple of good blips in the 5Hz range. While you can't hear down to 5Hz you can certainly feel it on a good system. I ran this through my home theater IB and it shimmies the floor. In my old black Swift it flapped the rear windows open (they had to get ziptied shut) at higher volume.

FAKE FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
REAL FRIENDS: Is the reason you have no food.

Post subject: Re: bass
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:37 am 

Guest wrote:
Devin the dude's new album (to tha extreme) has some mean tracks, best of all is "the funk" with 8 ball. Around 1:30 into the song the note hits close to 20hz with authority. Briar patch and Anything are also great tracks. The new 213 (snoop, nate dogg, warran g) has some really hard hittin songs.

pretty much anything from little john, favorite is dont give a fu&^ with krayzie bone and mistikal. trillville and lil scrappy

Chopped and screwed music is some remixes of rap tracks but the beat is slowed down and sometimes the lyrics are changed. EXTREMELY LOUD. Example.. dj screw, paul wall, mike jones, chammilionare, color changin click, choppaholics, poppy, swisha house, dj bobby, slim thug, rasaq, lil shine, ,mike watts, big moe, SPM, and Akeem.

trick daddy and cee-lo come in on my top 5, as well as UGk, dungeon family <(outkast & goodie mob), and too short just cuz he's a playa.

look into an epicenter and you wont have to worry about what has bass and what doesn't. very nice utensils.

WHere do you get your chopped and screwed tracks, I have a few a buddy gave me that I love but I don't have a clue where they came from? Thanks!

I really want a Turbo or GT Metro!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:06 pm 

Groundbreaking- GZA

Who can make it happen like dirt?- Ol' Dirty Bastard

81 poop hatch- Captain Beefheart

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:24 pm 

Thread resurrection for new music, especially since half the pop, r&b and latin world has now gone dance!

These days I'm doing what the young-uns here call gallery-ing to the following:

Guetta/Sia - Titanium
Far East Movement - So What
We Found Love - Rihanna
Dev - In the Dark
Guetta/Usher - Without You
Trey Songz/Nicki Minaj - Bottom's up

How 'bout you all?

2010 Suzuki Jimny - The DD Workhorse!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:29 am 

Munchies For Your Bass - Nemesis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:23 am 

If you stand 100 feet away from your car and you think there is a helicopter coming at you from Pink Floyd "The Wall" (You, yes you!! Stand still laddy!!), your system kicks ass. You can also use the clocks from "Time". Those things are really hard to reproduce acurately.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:26 am 

^^^Correct....but 100 feet mate! Dayum...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:09 am 

PBC137 wrote:
^^^Correct....but 100 feet mate! Dayum...

Ya, 100 feet. That's why I don't have killer stereos anymore and say "huh" and "what" alot in conversations. 30 years of a drummer pounding his cymbals 3 feet from my head probably didn't help.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:44 am 

Were you one of those who would still be playing the guitar in your sleep cuz your ears were still ringing long after the gig was over?

Back in my youthful clubbing days I swear that in my head the party continued into the next day at work.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:17 pm 

No but dead silence was deafening.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:31 pm 

I know bringing an old topic up but for me its Old school Trick Trick and Eminem Welcome to Detroit City or Rammstein vs Lil John Du Hast Mash up. Or in my other ride Jin Peel Off is great for hitting the subs I tend to be heard from a distance.

92 Geo Metro Old Blue for now hoping to change it too Mitternacht in the summer. Current Mods K&N drop in, 92-95 B16 alluminum radator with fan for a B16, trans cooler for a 92-95 civic, SONy Xplode speakers in dash, led brake light. 2002 PTCREEPER not Cruiser.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:26 am 

Birdman - YU MAD ft. Nicki Minaj, Lil Wayne
I'm on one-Drake
Ludacris - Party No Mo feat. Gucci Mane

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:01 pm 

Get a cdq version of Somebody That I Used To Know by Goyte feat. Kimbra and take a listen.

Also like the sound of Lights by Ellie Goulding.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:25 pm 

In 1989 my little Sprint had two 18" subs with over 1500 watts.
I used to destroy any car in my town.
Listened to everything, as long as it was loud.
Few favorites:
Beastie Boys - Brass Monkey
Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax
George Michael - Extended Dance version Monkey
***Golden Ear Ring - Twilight Zone***

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:51 pm 
King of Pompous

I had a pair of 18's in my old Swift for a while before I went "down" to a pair of 15's with twice the output. Definitely insane setups for such little cars. There was a few guys back in the day that had some pretty amazing setups from pure SQ to all out SPL and everything in between.

FAKE FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
REAL FRIENDS: Is the reason you have no food.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:59 am 
Suzuki Elder

i've really scaled back on my stereo systems. they are smaller versions of what i used to build.

they aren't as loud but they sound as good. i have everything tucked away, out of sight, so that when i leave my top down there's very little to snatch and grab. :wink: aside from a set of 1" titanium dome tweeter on the top of the dash and a set of 5.25" speakers in the doors, the system disappears just like a stock system.

there's so much new music out, imagine dragons, 5 finger death punch, chevelle, etc. that i've added a lot to my collection. i can use my little netbook with my mp3 music collection through a front aux input or a flash drive that plugs into the face plate of my head unit.

i just picked up a couple of physically very small 64gb flash drives that make it very convenient to carry my tunes.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II