TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:57 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:25 am 

Hey guys! I've got a standalone fuel management unit I'd like to introduce you to. Great system, that plugs right into the factory harness, no cutting, or tangles of wires necessary.

Details:

The Adaptronic is a fresh new look at engine management. It gives all the stability and function that an OEM computer has, but opens you up to unlimited control of your motor. This system gives you all the functions to get the most out of every turn of the crank including complete fuel and ignition control, full sequential ignition and injection, correction maps for water and air temperature, starting corrections for the cold of winter, and summer of the Sahara. It also has incredibly powerful auto-tune features. These are what every engine needs to survive but the Adaptronic also steps up to the plate when it comes to accessories. Control virtually any 12 volt component! Nitrous stages, water injection, exhaust cut-outs, supercharger clutches, variable valve timing, variable intake charging, it is all at your finger tips.

Now that you’re generating all this power what about putting tire to asphalt? The Adaptronic utilizes, and fully supports traction control, launch control, flat shift (WOT shifting), boost by gear, and full closed loop electronic boost controller management. With these sets of tools at your disposal, this ECU will not only make your car a dyno king, it will help you nail your 60 foot times to get you down the 1320 first, and it’ll help push you through the apex, and snag the heat. This isn’t just engine management, this is vehicle management. Welcome to the Adaptronic.

http://www.boundaryengineering.com/adaptronicecuswiftgti.php has alot of the information on the Unit. I could also maybe entertain a group buy at a better price if we could get enough people interested.

Sincerely,
Travis Rosenbarger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:16 pm 
The Smuggler

Has anybody tried this unit yet on a swift?
If so then feedback would be good to see.

Keep your eye on the boost guage!
And I love this one!
"Dale Jarrett's crew chief" "Drive it like ya STOLE IT!"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:18 pm 

Knuckles wrote:

Hey Knuckles,

I found this over on the forum of the Adaptronic. You can probably browse around over there and find quite a bit.
http://www.adaptronic.com.au/forum/inde ... opic=181.0
http://www.adaptronic.com.au/forum/index.php?topic=12.0

It seems to work pretty well! I've personally used the Adaptronic on my car and its been incredible. No problems, and its very easy to tune with the autotune feature. Just stick it in auto tune, and let it do its work. If you want to beta test this to get the ball rolling here with the swifts I'll cut you a good deal on one, provided you write a solid review for me(good or bad of course as long as its detailed)

Travis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:37 pm 
smart@ss

Knuckles wrote:

Some of the european members are using it, and there's even a guy who sells and tunes adaptronics.

http://sierraclub.com/exxposeexxon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:14 am 
A legend in his own mind

There are quite a few cars running them on the RedlineGTi forums (as they are Australian made).

I had one in my previous GTi (still have the computer) with the plug in loom and it was a pretty easy install (the plug in loom isn't the nicest design and the loom itself isn't long enough to locate the ECU anywhere useful).

Finding someone to tune it was a little difficult too ;)

Nicest part is that it decodes the standard dizzy, so no need to cut off teeth, and the plug-in loom can re-use the AFM wiring for the MAP sensor.

That price on the site isn't bad, especially because it includes MAP and plug-in loom.

-edit-

Seems they may have cleaned up the plugin loom, looks a bit different to the one I have.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:12 am 

This is something, I've noticed that is missing, and it's kind of disapointing for me.

But, why is there no real support for the distributorless ignition cars. Either in the MS or the Adaptronic?

J. McBean: '98 Suzuki Swift 1.3L 16v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk5" Made in Canada
The Mini Rattler: '94 Suzuki Swift .993L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk3" Made in Canada *The Winter Beater*
B. Berry: '90 Chevrolet Turbo Sprint 1.0L 6v SOHC 5sp+ "Mk2" Made in Japan

I got 18MPG in a 3cyl with a 5 speed manual 4dr, '93 Metro! :yeahyeah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:01 am 

see http://www.redlinegti.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=25480

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:04 pm 

I just bought one of these from Travis for my Miata, if anyone is interested, I'll be happy to post my results here once I've installed it.

1990 Suzuki Swift GT (2005-2006)
2005 Mazda Miata LS(2006-present)
1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo (2007-2008)
1992 Ford Festiva (2009-present)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:04 am 

van_yammer wrote:
I just bought one of these from Travis for my Miata, if anyone is interested, I'll be happy to post my results here once I've installed it.

What is your MT name?? That is an impressive collection of cars.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:42 am 

If anyone has technical support questions please reach me at the Boundary Engineering website located at http://www.boundaryengineering.com, and I will take care of you!

Thanks!
Travis