TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:46 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bosch ICON wiper blades
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:16 am 

I bought a set of these two months ago for my Aerio. They cost me over $40, but I believe in buying high quality for long term happiness. They look good, have better aerodynamics, and do a great job, for a while. About three weeks in, I started noticing some tiny streaks, but we had had freezing rain and I figured I had turned them on with ice on the windshield, my fault. Turns out I was being too generous. They're now two months old and completely useless. They're so soft that any small piece of dirt on the glass nicks the blade. The factory blades they replaced were 10 months old and in better shape than these are after two months. They can't be refilled, so it's a good thing I kept the stock blades, off to buy some old fashioned refills.

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:34 pm 

Thats sad...

considering that I work at Autozone..

and we carry those...

& Ive talked ALOT of people of into buying those things...

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:09 pm 
The Smuggler

Warranty?
at least one year.

Keep your eye on the boost guage!
And I love this one!
"Dale Jarrett's crew chief" "Drive it like ya STOLE IT!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:38 pm 

Same with the Crappy Tire Reflex ones. One winter, they're gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:47 pm 

Quote:
One winter, they're gone.

Suprise suprise, considering wiper blades are supposed to be replaced every 6 months. Its like struts, people don't realize they are a wear item that must be replaced at regular intervals. Buy regular metal ones, replace them every 6 months, save money, be happy. KISS. :wink:

Edit-
To add something REALLY constructive to this, we have the Cambodian Tire version of these blades on a '02 Cavalier, '96 GMC 1/2 ton, and a 89' turbo sprint. They work EXCELLENT, especially in the winter. As for wear, we have not gotten that far yet but are closely approaching 6 months. To each his own?

You have a girlfriend? :shock:

HiTemp Inc. ....... taking over the world one Sprint Turbo and Swift GTi at a time.

Chassis Flex Motorsports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:45 pm 

I don't have wipers on my car but my parents have the canadian tire reflex ones on their cars. They work really good on the contour but on the taurse they got bent up a bit on the end. Personally (if I had wipers lol) stick to the refillable ones.

Dakota

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:21 am 

The deal with these blades are not that they last longer. Although that would be a great plus.

The thing I notice about them is they are aerodynamic and the increase the down force at higher speeds due to the built in spoiler effect. They also attach closer to the glass and this provides more force against the glass due to the spring in the wiper arm (not the wiper itself) having more leverage. Both of these points will put more pressure against the blade itself.

Hey they look good and you can probably drive 200 MPH and the blades won't lift.

Buy the mid grade Bosch wipers they last a lot longer and are a bunch cheaper!

By the way Bosch wiper blades are the only ones that don't skip or chatter on my Mazda Truck. So I only use them.

As for the Streaks you can use Rainx Wiper fluid and you won't have any streaks. I buy my fluid at Wally World (Wal Mart). :wink: :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:52 am 

Hello Everyone..

I bought a pair of Bosch Icon wiper blades a while back and all I have to say is that they are the best wiper blades out there. One particular thing I was most fascinated with was the fact you can run them on a dry windshield and they won’t make a sound, not even a little squeak. However there is a down side. They cost about 20 bucks per. You can find them cheaper but the average is 20. Nevertheless, I would defiantly recommend them to any person who wants to have some slick wiper blades.

+Little to no noise even on a dry surface
+Sleek appearance with no visible springs or exposed metal
+Built in spoiler in order to maintain traction on the windshield

-Average 20 bucks (USD) per

Also some additional information, for the 99 forester the rear wiper blade can handle a 17in even though a 16in is recommended by windshield wiper catalogs.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:16 pm 

I bought Icon wipers for my swift when I got it in 2006. They are still on the car after 4 summers, they just started to leave a few streaks. BUT... the car had a new windshield, and it was treated to aquapel every year. My Impreza had a very pitted windshield and it was going thru wipers faster than fuel fill-ups.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:46 am 

Work well on the Focus except for the rear hatch. Left me a missed spot right where the rear view mirror was looking. PITA. Got rid of the rear and went back to the Bosch Triple Blades (Trico).

pacapo wrote:
You get an old one, clean it up, put it back to specs and take care of it, and she'll last for years.

JVS wrote:
We (the Suzuki enthusiast) are Dinosaurs.

An eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind.

1989 Suzuki Swift GTi: Red "My PocketRocket"
1989 Suzuki Swift GTi: White (Being resurrected)
1996 Geo Metro (Stocker)
1999 Suzuki 1.6 Esteem (Baleno) Wagon (Sleeper creeper)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:03 pm 

I got some less than stellar performance out of the one set of Bosch blades I bought too. They were regular old style ones (only brand the store had a pair of that fit). As a wiper, they weren't any better or worse than anything else. The fact that the little plastic "adapter" broke one cold morning and left me without a driver's wiper was rather irritating though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:37 pm 

Went on a mission to find a better rear wiper blade for my Swift+. I found the newer-style 'Trico NeoForm Beam Blade' is the only frameless that comes in 14" (its slightly shorter than the original but don't notice a difference). Also picked up a 22" for the drivers side and 19" for the passenger side. They work great all around and the 14" on the rear didn't clog with ice and stiffen-up like the original rear wiper - worked a lot better this past winter. They're super quiet and wipe clean and look fantastic. Easy install. Got them online. Well, there you have it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:57 pm 

As a followup to my post above, I'm still lovin the trico neofom beam blades. They're now officially just over 1.5 years old - cool thing about wipers123 is they send me emails about every 3 months to notify me how old the blades are which is a nice plus. Need a new rear wiper so I'm going to buy new for all 4 vehicles before winter.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:08 am 

Winchester wrote:
I don't have wipers on my car but my parents have the canadian tire reflex ones on their cars. They work really good on the contour but on the taurse they got bent up a bit on the end. Personally (if I had wipers lol) stick to the refillable ones.

Dakota

i can say good things about the canadian tire Motormaster Precise Fit Wiper Blade . they last 2-3 years and work great without streaking.

Silver 2000 Firefly 4DR; 16V SOHC, 3 to 5 speed swap, install PS and AC, remote and auto start, PL, PW, kill and start switch, Valentine 1, behind-bumper CAI, 55MM TB with coolant-bypass, polyurethane-fill engine/shifter mounts, modified to short shifter, upgraded electrical system, CS130 alternator, 90/160W headlights + relay mod, ceramic H4 plug/harness
To do: finish stereo, 4000K H4 HIDs, short block replacement
'sponsored' by Captain Crunch, Lordco, Felpro, Permatex, Royal Purple

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:45 am 

JohnHudson wrote:
I think I'm going to try this Trico NeoForm Beam Blade that you are telling about. I just hope it will not disappoint me compare to my previous wipers.

I think you'll be pretty happy...I certainly have been.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:13 pm 

I use nissan oem flat blades. Get about 18 months out of them.

While they do work better than standard wipers they still lift of the windshield at about 140.

too many others to list

I use nissan oem flat blades. Get about 18 months out of them.

While they do work better than standard wipers they still lift of the windshield at about 140.

too many others to list

Double post

too many others to list

Last edited by VR4 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.