TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:00 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:46 pm 

i'm retro-fitting the sensors to my blue car project while i'm hammering out the mounting location arrangement on the mock up of my new engine project. i'll have a dozen wires to relocate on the blue car in the spring, the new engine and management system will be the one that gets streamlined and stripped down prior to it's installation in some lucky donor vert. :D
Attachment:
image_pic.jpg [59.77 KIB]
Downloaded 652 times

Perhaps this lucky vert ?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:56 pm 
Suzuki Elder

something tells me you guys know me too well. :lol:

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:57 pm 

Richard I like the progress with the megasquirt, can't wait to see it done!

One big up to those all metal window cranks...No more breaking the damn little swiveling knob on the handle :D

Chris

Down to one car and no suzuki's :(. Maybe I will get a gixxor :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:30 pm 
Suzuki Elder

the megasquirt has been operational for a while, it's just that i've been pressing on with it's development and making some improvements along the way.

the car is stored for the winter so i have time to play with the electronics on the bench and work on building a new engine and another control set and system.

i remember when all cars had metal window cranks. usually, the only issue i have with the plastic metro cranks is that the plastic turns gray from age and sun exposure. i'm just a sucker for billet accessories. =)

My Turbo3 Project
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:24 pm 
Suzuki Elder

it was a beautiful day and after a couple of friends from the geo metro forum left after getting some sleep, a bite to eat, and an all too short visit, i got a little time in on the blue monster.

i'd been working on the new sequential timing sensor revision and i had to index and bore a hole for the new unipolar hall effect sensor for the cam, mount the new lightweight billet aluminum cam gear and re-adjust the static timing. i also wanted to swap the little cam tensioner lever to a powder coated blue one and change out the water pump pulley from a 3 rib to 4 rib, also powder coated in blue, to get ready for the new 3 tech performance aluminum under drive pulley to switch over to a 4 rib accessory drive pulley to drive the 105 amp alternator.

i've had a set of billet aluminum window cranks in my parts pile all winter and i popped those on since i had the car rolled out of the garage. surprisingly, the pair of aluminum cranks weigh 1 gram less than both factory plastic cranks.

tasty new 4 rib 3 tech performance aluminum underdrive pulleys turned into 36-1 crank trigger wheels for my megasquirt controllers. :wink:

i still have to get the new sensor set mounted and wired and do some re-work on the megasquirt controller to get power and the signals to and from the hall effect conditioning boards in the right spots. i'm spending most of my time on getting the red resto-rod vert dialed in so i can drive it to work every day which means the blue monster is still on the back burner so it might be another month before i get much real time in on it, but it feels good to actually spin some wrenches on it.

My Turbo3 Project
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:06 am 

Looking good as usual. So I have a quick question? I happen to have some of those blue fancy tubes you use all over your engine. Would you recommend them being used near the turbo on say the oil lines and the coolant lines?

onepointO
Nate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:25 pm 
Suzuki Elder

they're okay for vacuum lines, definitely not good for oil lines.

silicone hose is made in different grades. to use silicone on coolant lines it has to be a multiple ply construction with the ability to withstand the system pressure (around 11-12 psi.) silicone hose is good for withstanding heat, not so good at resisting puncture and abrasion. also, you have to use special hose clamps that won't chew up the hose.

if you use a regular hose clamp the silicone will press up through the worm drive slots and ruin the hose. the clamps i used don't have slots, they're solid and shielded and fabricated from 304 and 416 stainless steel.

unless you have a wad of cash burning a hole in your pocket, just use regular automotive hose. the fancy stuff is strictly car show business. :wink:

My Turbo3 Project
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:12 pm 

thanks for the reply, noted.

And are you calling ol' blue a show car? :wink:

Thanks again man.

onepointO
Nate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:52 pm 
Suzuki Elder

i built that car to test my ideas and my limits. i'll take it to local cruise-ins on friday and saturday evenings and drive it on dry summer days.

it won't be a daily driver anymore, i have far too much work in it for that. besides, i'm building a new red vert for that type of service. :wink:

My Turbo3 Project
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:24 am 

8) Very nice

Well man I cant wait to see it complete. Its been fun watching all your progress so far.

onepointO
Nate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:39 am 

Is this car still for sale?
:-P

DIY Shocks: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=45483
DIY Wheel Align: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42479
Once you get the cars dialed-in (compression, leaks, bearings, alignment, brakes) swap in new rubber and glass, you've got something which should last for years!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:26 am 

A sweet convertible indeed! The color of jealousy is now blue, not green. :lol:

2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab. 4" lift, Big Tow package, pretty bone stock.

2013 VW Jetta sedan. Wifelady's daily. The baby carrier.

Just remember, sanity is overrated. ;)

-Anthony (They call me Geo around here)

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:05 am 

love this build! attention to detail galore. Any idea on the power it makes are different PSI?

Also didnt someone use a g10t in a posrche?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:52 am 

you need to update your thread!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:48 pm 
Suzuki Elder

hi math! :D

i have had my fingers into different projects, building a new modified turbo3 engine....

and building a new vert....

with the blue monster within a weekend or 2 from being all back together (and with it being the money sucking pig of a project that it is) i'm not all that motivated right now to share time on it. i know that it runs, i've worked out all the engineering for the new timing control set for sequential operation and i've gotten most of the prep work done to install the new controls.

the car is safe and sound, tucked away out of the weather in the garage, and it's not eating anything. it'll be there when i get around to it. honestly, i'm having a ball working on my normally aspirated red resto-rod vert project car while i'm driving it. :D

also, my new job has pretty much unlimited overtime so i'm working my butt off to catch up on other financial obligations (swimming pool season passes and swimming lessons, violin lessons, braces for my 9 year old, etc.) i find that between the job, the red vert work, and the 100 degree heat, i'm pretty much out of time and energy.

My Turbo3 Project
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:04 pm 
a.k.a Bum head

You go girl. Hopefully it'll be done in time for my wife and I to take a ride when we come back to Cedar Point in 2014. :thumbsup:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=42901&start=0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:08 pm 
Suzuki Elder

girl?

bite me, chris! :-P

My Turbo3 Project
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:14 pm 
a.k.a Bum head

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:41 pm 

How far have you gotten and is there any miles per gallon post on this engine yet. I am about to rebuild my mk3 metro and I could use some information.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:15 am 

Read the whole thing, :lol: I need to learn plenty before I can build something like this but I have time determination and some money. My respects to the people who dedicate themselves to these cars like this.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:10 pm 

t3 ragtop wrote:
i'll make it work. =)

i prepped the intake manifold i got from steamfitter for powder coating. i really like the look of glass bead blasted aluminum. it looks like it's sugar coated, soft with a thousand sparkly highlights.

i'll drop some parts off at the powder coating shop next week. some of them will get the same blue as the valve cover but i'm leaning towards getting the intake manifold done in a low gloss, soft silver.

if anybody has any input on what they think would look good on the intake manifold, here's your chance to say something. :D

Where can I get this inlet manifold?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:27 pm 

miniswift wrote:
t3 ragtop wrote:
i'll make it work. =)

i prepped the intake manifold i got from steamfitter for powder coating. i really like the look of glass bead blasted aluminum. it looks like it's sugar coated, soft with a thousand sparkly highlights.

i'll drop some parts off at the powder coating shop next week. some of them will get the same blue as the valve cover but i'm leaning towards getting the intake manifold done in a low gloss, soft silver.

if anybody has any input on what they think would look good on the intake manifold, here's your chance to say something. :D

Where can I get this inlet manifold?

Only available in Canada on the MK2 Turbo 3 cars 1989-1991 ( very rare )

See The MR. SUZUKI Convertible here >>>> viewtopic.php?f=36&t=24728
or here >>>> http://geometroforum.com/topic/5577648/1/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:27 pm 

So no chance of getting it!?
Please help me someone!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:18 pm 
Suzuki Elder

i suggest that you pm codyb76 and ask him if he has a mk2 turbo3 intake manifold. he works on suzuki variants and usually has a stash of repair parts. :wink:

My Turbo3 Project
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 574 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23