TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:52 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:17 pm 

Just seen this, very interested though shipping could be a problem :cry: (will PM you)

Can I just clarify a few basics. Are these bars with a left hand thread one end and right hand the other, so the adjustment is made by twisting the bar only, without the need to turn the stock adjustment bolt?

If that's the case then what is the nut on one end for? Is it to basically lock the bar to prevent further twisting once adjustment has been done?

Also, why gold :D could they be done in silver?

Thanks and sorry for the stupid questions but just want to make sure I've got it right :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:13 pm 

payment sent

too many others to list

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:21 pm 

im on it stevo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:11 am 

I hate to be stupid, but what are these bars for?

• 2001 S10 Xtreme
  • 1996 Impala SS
  • 1994 Camaro Z/28
  • 1988 Honda NX650
  • 1980 Honda PA50
Shimaze's cars

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:49 pm 

lol....no problem

they are to adjust the rear toe on the swift/metro, or more specifically, the reason you need them is so your car does not adjust its own toe while you are driving.

they replace the stock stamped steel/rubber bushed non-adjustable junk the 5000 dollar car came with from the factory.

they are much more rigid than the stock pieces, have spherical rod-end bearings instead of rubber bushings, eliminating flex and deflection, and they are internally threaded, thus allowing you to adjust the rear toe-in....or out in most of our cases, to fine tune your handling and tire wear to suit your needs and driving style.

in most cases, they are cheaper than replacing the stock pieces or they are around the same price.

they dont look too bad either.

did i do a good enough job of answering your question?

i can see where you may not get the concept of what these are and do if you are not a mechanic or a race car driver whether amateur or professional.

thanks for looking at my thread

bob

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:50 pm 
Suzuki Elder

bob, the pics in your links are broken so there's no descriptive illustration of the toes bars (for the verbally impaired conceptualizers who may be reading. :-P )

if you don't mind, i have a pic i can lend to your thread.

disclaimer: the pic above is meant to illustrate the concept of the tubular toe bar modification. it shows a similar execution of the bars for sale in this thread but not the actual bars for sale in this thread.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 pm 

some kind of teamswift problem with the pics?

ill re-up them

thanks for the visual rich

some more fine print:

any similarity to any metro, sprint, firefly, or swift, virtual or real, is purely coincidental and un-ntentional. no warranty is expessed or implied. any similarities to any other bars for sale anywhere else are purely coincidental and unintentional. aforementioned bars are not 24 carat gold, nor is any gold content implied. we cannot be responsible for any mental anguish on your part caused by the shipping carriers ineptitude. in the event that these bars explode on contact with any foreign rally track surface, we will not replace or repair them at no charge to you, the original owner, with an ra#, a copy of your social security card, your birth certificate, your moms maiden name, and an original, notorized copy of the reciept, hand delivered by the original purchaser. any information expressed or given about the possible performance of your car after aforementioned bars are installed is purely intellectual and so being, is the legal property of original post generator who will be refered to hereforth as rednek kustoms (rk). rk assumes no responsibility for any bodily or mental damage caused by the coveting, purchase, installation, removal, re-sale, or re-installation of aforementioned product. rk does not assume responsibilty for any other bar sellers embarrasment about the quality and pricing of their products after reading this thread or seeing pictures of aforementioned products. rk does not assume any responsibilty for the theft of your vehicle after the installation of rk's products, or before installation for that matter. in the event of death, rk does not assume responsibility for your forum friends hounding your wife to buy your ride. if you have any legal questions regarding the aforementioned products, intellectual properties, policies, or installation of this product, please do not post it here, do not email rk, do not pm dethbrd or attempt to contact rk by any other means.

Seriously though, these are racing parts, there is no warranty. Please don't jack up your swift or metro by the toe rod.......

Last edited by dethbrd on Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:59 pm 

pics fixed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:02 pm 

got them in the other day. finally opened the box today.

i was honestly a bit reluctant to buy them thinking i could build something similar for less.

there is NO WAY i could duplicate these for the price. these things are beautiful and very sturdy.

too many others to list

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:24 pm 

VR4 wrote:
got them in the other day. finally opened the box today.

i was honestly a bit reluctant to buy them thinking i could build something similar for less.

there is NO WAY i could duplicate these for the price. these things are beautiful and very sturdy.

im glad you like them. when i first bought mine, i thought the same thing until i compared them to a friends set on his honda. started looking around, alot of the bars out there are just plain junk.

mine have been on the car for a few months of hard driving probably 5000 miles or so, in the mean streets of tampa and on dirt roads with deep standing water(deep enough to get inside carpet wet).....no slop or wear to report.

on a side note....there must be something mentally wrong with me. i would have opened the box the day they came in, and been fingering them daily until i had the chance to install them. you, my friend, are the definition of self control.

post up those pics here when you get them installed.

bob

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:44 pm 

the second set of black powder coated bars in the pic above is for sale at the 3rd tier price of 129 plus shipping for anyone whos interested. the maker is offering them at his price because i was able to sell the other "bad" set so he didnt have to recut them to fit a different car with shorter arms.

119 3rd tier discount, +10 for black powder, plus shipping.

let me know if anyone wants these

bob

sold

Last edited by dethbrd on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:54 pm 

dethbrd wrote:
on a side note....there must be something mentally wrong with me. i would have opened the box the day they came in, and been fingering them daily until i had the chance to install them. you, my friend, are the definition of self control.

post up those pics here when you get them installed.

bob

:lol:

i have a one year old. i honestly forgot about them. picked up the box, walked in, and forgot. about 24 hours later i remembered i forgot to check them out. ill probably put them on this saturday depending on how busy work is. ive been driving my new swift or they would go on today.

too many others to list

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:25 am 

Now that I am edgumacated, I will take one set! I have a 1993 GT, so I guess that is 16.5". Will my order bring us to $119?

• 2001 S10 Xtreme
  • 1996 Impala SS
  • 1994 Camaro Z/28
  • 1988 Honda NX650
  • 1980 Honda PA50
Shimaze's cars

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:01 pm 

here are the parts....

here are the parts they replace....

and here are the parts installed....

any questions?

too many others to list

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:00 pm 

damn, 'em r niiiiice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:33 am 

Will these work on a 1998 metro base, 2 door hatchback?

1998 3/5, GR2 KYBs new mounts all around, Spring rubber spacers for that nice handling and rally look, MB x 7 wheels, Drilled and Slotted front discs, ceramic pads, New Lower control arms, New inner outer tie rods, Urethane bushings and zerk fittings, Urethane sway bar endlinks and bushings. new half shafts, New front bearings, Dark tinted windows, New 2 core radiator, 195 thermostat, Push button start. Silicone hoses (blue) installed CS 130 (105 amp) alternator conversion.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:32 am 

Just order them for a 95+ and they will

too many others to list

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:17 pm 

SWEET!!! Mine came in today. Very high quality.
Backlog of things I'm going to do with my '91, I'll try to take a few pics.
Although, from looking at the qulity of other pics here.....I should take a camera use class.

'91 'vert with factory 160 hp 13B two rotor, Very clean RX-7.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:41 pm 

i had asked a while back if anybody had a measurement for the mkI bars to see if these would fit. it just ocured to me, the mkI's dont have irs do they? there are no toe rods on those cars right? i havent seen one since 1995 so i cant remember off hand. somebody set me straight please!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:57 pm 

I would like a set for a '93 Swift Gt. PM or email at dzach71 at gmail.com with details and to make payment arrangements, thanks. Just picked the car up on Saturday, first time owner. Really interesting car. :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:17 am 

turbo951 wrote:
I would like a set for a '93 Swift Gt. PM or email at dzach71 at gmail.com with details and to make payment arrangements, thanks. Just picked the car up on Saturday, first time owner. Really interesting car. :D

check your pm's noob...... :mrgreen:

and welcome to the forum

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:58 am 

Just got mine,....THEY LOOK GREAT.... I actually bought a couple of set's for future projects.

THANKS AGAIN

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:00 pm 

Got mine today... Look Great. Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:52 am 

How much for a black or silver set for my 1999 suzuki ice racer? Thanks

1999 suzuki swift ice race car... Dohc engine conversion, 3tech 222/365 cams, bored tb, aasco lightweight flywheel, 4.56 final drive, Welded Diff, cultus intake, srd 4to1 header, spool forged rods, Megasquirt PNP, H&R sport springs and Koni yellow shocks.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:30 am 

Got mine in the mail quite a while ago,put them on the car a week ago.....had to cut my old adj bolts out with a zip disk,as well as the steel inserts from inside the rubber bushings.

car handles totally different now,i point it in a direction and it goes that way,no more'' rear wheel steering '' as I go around corners...and my mystery clunk in the rear is gone.....

nice product,easy to install.i used new grade 8 bolts,hardend washers and grade 8 "toplock"nuts to replace the stock bolts that I had to cut out(destroy) thanks to rust.

they work/fit great!

THANKS!!!

3 tech turbo grind cam
3 tech cylinder head/w/port,polish,blend,oversized s/s valves
gti brake swap
89 white gti twincam....need I say more?
92 metro aka ''blue lump of coal''
92 white metro lsi vert
91 blue chevy sprint (gas sipper)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next