TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:30 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:21 pm 

JohnnyMullet wrote:
North Eastern Ohio and North Western Pennsylvania. I can do anything on a Geo Metro/Suzuki Swift. Will consider traveling for certain jobs. Visit my garage thread here for a live look at my shop.......

http://geometroforum.com/topic/3701658/

Dude, that is one swweeeet mullet! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:20 am 

if anyone needs anything in Sydney australia, shoot me a message. Live in parramatta and have most hand tools needed for these cars. Mainly focus on electical over mechanical, but can do both.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:22 am 

Minneapolis / St. Paul area. Tow dolly ready to go. There really isn't any job that is too big on these cars because... they're so small.

I work out of my garage at home. I do not BS people and parts are only marked up a bit to make it worth my while to get them / order them. Not like Tires Plus who bickers prices with their parts suppliers, gets them cheaper than any of us can (and delivered!) and charge premium retail prices for them. I don't play that game.

I have no certifications, but I have done a lot of stuff over the years, and quite honestly, about 20% of my business is in correcting other shops' improper repairs and mis-diagnosis. It happens all too frequently.

If a customer provides the parts and they don't work, I get angry and price goes up. Please do us a favor and provide the better quality part. It is cheaper in the long run and often the short run as well. I almost always use rockauto unless I can't wait for shipping. Brakes, for example, are often heavy and expensive to ship which adds too much to the parts cost.

Call Paul any time. Unfortunately, beer has no bargaining power.
651-491-eight nine five niner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:13 pm 

I live in Kelowna British Columbia, I am an apprentice mechanic and build/lift 91-96 ford trucks. I'm willing to give a hand in the okanagan area. Your shop as I dont have space.

1990 Turbo Sprint
1990 Turbo firefly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:55 am 

Anyone in L.A. California needs help I am willing to help with the light jobs.

1998 3/5, GR2 KYBs new mounts all around, Spring rubber spacers for that nice handling and rally look, MB x 7 wheels, Drilled and Slotted front discs, ceramic pads, New Lower control arms, New inner outer tie rods, Urethane bushings and zerk fittings, Urethane sway bar endlinks and bushings. new half shafts, New front bearings, Dark tinted windows, New 2 core radiator, 195 thermostat, Push button start. Silicone hoses (blue) installed CS 130 (105 amp) alternator conversion.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:58 am 

Is there no-one else on the planet willing to help out someone from this site if they are traveling through your area and their car breaks down? I can't believe that. It seems selfish to me. If someone from Florida decided to make a trip to Alaska and had problems near me, I'd be there in a heartbeat (or at least as quick as possible with my work schedule). Maybe I would just send the parts they need to continue their journey but I would make every effort to help out a fellow TS'er any way I can, wouldn't you?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:32 pm 

Anyone in the San francisco Bay area? I need some help with my 86 sprint plus!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:41 am 

Okay, so are there any Suzuki Swift Top Wrenches in the Washington DC, Northern Virginia, Maryland region??? Ohio is a bit out of my zone... sorry. Really could use a referral to someone who knows these cars well. Thanks. JOE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:01 am 

If anyone in San Diego needs help send me a PM

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:10 am 

I got upstate South Carolina covered and western North Carolina.I can do just about anything to a metro or swift short of trans rebuilds or welding. mechanical or electrical my specialty.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:53 pm 

Chiming in here if anyone needs help between Medford and Vancouver Oregon-Washington. I'm more familiar with mk1's but can do just about anything but auto trans rebuilds and Ac diagnostics. I've got the tools =) I've also got a small stash of g10 replacement parts.

1978 Chevy monza 2+2, 74 step side Chevy, firebird,firebird,fake 91 firehawk in the making,trans am(dd),other trans am, n/a mk1 sprint, and my baby 1987 Chevy sprint turbo in red. How many run right now? Just the n/a sprint. It's not a collection it's my retirement plan.