TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:13 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: M16A swap into swift 4x4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:46 am 

I did some research in the forum but could not find an exact answer and a little confused :huh: . I am a newbee so excuse me if i am breaking any rules. Here is my question anyways;

I am from Turkey and we have a M13A (ZC11S) 4x4 swift and a M16A (ZC31S) SX4 4x4. My question is; is it an easy fit to swap an M16A from the 4x4 SX4 into 4x4 Swift . If so, what do you need? Do you need to swap the tranny as well?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:54 pm 
Teamswift Racer

Hi, most forum members here are from North America where they don't have m series engines, only j series I think, two issues, I think you'll find you need to use the m16 box as block is taller and so is the bell housing, other issue is vvti? the m13 swifts here in New Zealand did not have vvti so an upgrade to m15 meant also needing m15 vvti engine bay wiring loom and ecu.
Wife had an m13 swift fwd, that was painfully slow, awd version would be even worse!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:41 pm 

would the M13 head work on the VVTI block to do away with vvti?

too many others to list

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:29 am 

Dattman wrote:
Hi, most forum members here are from North America where they don't have m series engines, only j series I think, two issues, I think you'll find you need to use the m16 box as block is taller and so is the bell housing, other issue is vvti? the m13 swifts here in New Zealand did not have vvti so an upgrade to m15 meant also needing m15 vvti engine bay wiring loom and ecu.
Wife had an m13 swift fwd, that was painfully slow, awd version would be even worse!

Thanks for the answer, both cars are vvti btw. 1.3 producing 92 hp. 1.6 producing 120hp. so do i still need to change the transmission? :huh:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:11 am 
Teamswift Racer

I'd be fairly sure you'll need to change the box, make sure you get the mounting brackets with the engine and box, the block height is much taller on the m16, don't forget the m16 ecu as well :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:23 pm 

Sorry for bringing old thread to life I need to know is air filter box of m13a and m16a different or same?