TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:31 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:20 pm 

t3 ragtop wrote:
nosswiftgt wrote:
It seems like way too much work to get an inferior engine.

....says you! :-P

there are a lot of good things about the 3 banger. granted, it'd be a lot of work to develop a twincam 3. it's the challenge of development that is the attraction. these guys aren't talking about bolting on manufactured performance parts.

what measure do you use to pronounce the g10 an "inferior" engine. i find the little 1.0 liter to be an amazingly robust piece of machinery and a very elegant bit of engineering. after all, the cars that are powered by them, even being older technology, will still beat the fuel efficiency of nearly every current day hybrid offering no matter what "trickery" is included.

I think that a dohc 1.0 is inferior to a dohc 1.3 when virtually everything else is the same despite a little weight, I would want the extra displacement.
Why not spend your time and money on something that is a little more worthwile.
If you do the same mods to a 1.0 dohc or to a 1.3 dohc which is gonna make more power?
Why spend tons of time and money to make a 1.0 dohc when you could just get a 1.3dohc cheap and start modding there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:25 pm 
Suzuki Elder

GeoZukiGTi wrote:
Originality is nice, until it becomes just plain redundant.

nah, originality is always cool. 8)

a twincam g10 would be da' bomb. a g10 engine already is a marvel and a tuned g10 is like music to my ears. :D

i've got 2 twincams and i won't start a beef about them, i like them, too. on the same note, the 3 bangers are fun, economical, easy to work on, and very powerful. tuning them is a joy. parts are available at bargain prices at any junkyard and the performance parts are starting to be easier to find. 3 tech performance adds more neat stuff all the time.

the thing that you have to remember is that you're starting with an engine that was designed to be a work horse, not a race horse. the twincam was already highly tuned from the factory. apply the same care to the g10 and you get the same results. why would you want to deprive us of a twincam head?

are you afraid that we might come up with something that would horn in on your "racer" bragging rights? :poke:

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:01 pm 
Mama Said Knock You Out!
Mama Said Knock You Out!

t3 ragtop wrote:
the thing that you have to remember is that you're starting with an engine that was designed to be a work horse, not a race horse

:lol:
I'm not saying it's worthless :-P It'd be very cool. But you gotta ask yourself...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:46 pm 
Suzuki Elder

yeah, yeah, :roll:

give us a twincam head for the 3 banger and you'd be cryin' in yer beer. restrictive valve dimensions and their lack of air flow is the only reason the g10 doesn't spin to 9,000 rpm like it's big brother. if the g10 could make 3/4 of the output of the twincam, the weight reduction would tip the balance on the weight to horsepower scales and you'd be talkin' a very different and very sad story.

i still don't understand why you would deny us the full development of the 3 banger - that is unless you're afraid it'd steal your thunder. :poke:

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:46 am 
Mama Said Knock You Out!
Mama Said Knock You Out!

You guys could develop it all ya want :) I think it'd be cool. Sounds like an engineering nightmare though. I think Suprf1y should definately look into it, perhaps build a test head. Just to see what it can do. It would definately be a peppy little fu@#er though :lol: . I bet a nicely modded one would run side by side with a fairly stock GT. But it all boils down to who's got the $ and spare parts to mess up in development.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:55 am 

GeoZukiGTi wrote:
...I bet a nicely modded one would run side by side with a fairly stock GT....

I know a nicley modded T3cyl would run side by side with a fairly stock GT.... for for NA I'm not too sure

'94 Suzuki Swift g10 3tech stuff:Port&Polish,225/355 cam,11:1 CR, SS valves,+10 Cam gear,underdrive; K&N intake; LTLSU's Custom racing springs with Monroe struts (2" lower front, 0.5" lower back); 185/55/R14 Kumho Ecsta SPT tires on Eagle 040 rims; Stripped out interior and removed AC system

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:02 pm 

The fuel economy difference in the G13B is probably due to a more
aggresive camshaft profile in the twin cam motor. The 10:1 CR ought
to help fuel economy. There is a small friction loss to the extra cam,
but not alot. I could get 44 MPG in a Toyota (Geo Prizm) twin cam
1.6 motor with five speed.

New economy minded Daihatsu and Suzuki threes have twn cams. I
think these motors also variable valve timing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:19 am 

You can't divide by zero -- the gas mileage approaches infinity and it will be forever parked an never see the road. Just crack up the boost on th G10T and fo git about it, or swap for a G13B -- this is craZZZZy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:06 pm 

If suzi had thought that a g10 DOHC was worth it they would have released it into production. Just let things be they way they were designed to be. I like my SOHC. It gets me from point a to point b with very good fuel economy.

This is my hooptie, there are many like it but this one is mine. With out my hooptie I am walking and without me my hooptie is broken down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:51 pm 

Why not just grab the later model Alto Works RS-X front cut (660cc F6A DOHC and 5-Speed Manual FWD) and convert them to a Turbo 3????

I'm guessing the F6A could be bored and stroked as well, it might not be a G10T but its close enough if you can pull 750cc's+ from it!

Bigger turbo, manifolds, etc. The possibilities are endless. Plus they have forged internals from factory like the G13B.

Just a thought... Just a thought...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:02 am 

those 3 cl DOHC will be nice :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:50 am 
Mama Said Knock You Out!
Mama Said Knock You Out!

Too bad it's a step backwards. Upgrading to a 3cyl DOHC, and then taking 333cc's away. I believe that would take your torque wayyy down. Not to mention you'd have to turbo it just to get the power back up to a nicely modded N/A 1.0L

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:29 pm 

The F6A DOHC I'm talking about is turbo'd from factory (Alto Works RS/X FWD Turbo), bore it, stroke it and put on a nice sized turbo with medium boost. Wow...lose displacement...lose weight too.

Even an F6B DOHC 16-Valve 4-Banger could be used, might be easier to take it out to around a litre... Turbo'd from factory too.

Well if people can pull 120kW out of a CB80 then why not 80kW from one of these little babies???!!!

Just a thought...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:55 am 

SweetGeo93 wrote:
If suzi had thought that a g10 DOHC was worth it they would have released it into production.

Tim Keith wrote:
New economy minded Daihatsu and Suzuki threes have twn cams.

I know, I'm digging a bit, but the more I think about it, the more I think I may want to look into this a bit more...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:36 pm 

Anybody know where to import the daihatsu 3 bangers from????
That would be wayyy cool to put into the car.

Thor

Post subject: found a place i think.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:04 am 

looking around for the engine designation i found a Australian place. they say overseas shipment can be arranged.

http://www.adelaidejap.com.au/engine_packs.htm

scroll down and theres:
an F6B from an Alto for $$2450 aus dollars (so thats 1819 us dollars as of today.)
and a K6A for $2650 ($1968 us) from a type R wagon.

theres undoubtedly many other dismantlers out there so look about. but most likely youll have to go to an overseas company i think to get what you want. and i dont know how much theyll charge to ship it here. i guess how bad to you want to experiment with this little thing? just some results of curiosity and searching. prices include GST whatever that is. just thought id pass it along.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:30 pm 
Village Idiot

hey who about a head off of a v6 or the head off of a subaru justy 1.2l the head on the 1.2l is 9v and will add displacement. and more horsepower and torq. also not to mention turbo! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

my car is blood thirsty!

GIT-R-DONE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:29 pm 

The head will not add any displacement, it'll only affect the compression ratio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:30 am 
Village Idiot

ok. but would it work? i want the head off of the 1.2l and also it has 3extra valves. 9 is better than 6 also how bad would it afficted the compression?

my car is blood thirsty!

GIT-R-DONE

Post subject: Re: 3 cyl DOHC
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:05 am 

I was thinking of taking the head from a f6a. But I think I'd be too small. Maybe the k10 head would work as it is 998cc. I don't have the dimensions got that head or even much info on the engine. I want to say maruti suzuki came up with a dohc 3. Which had 4 exhaust ports? Maybe it was a dream or something?

1996 Geo Tracker 1.6l 16v 4cyl 1590cc (Daily)

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 4:44 pm 
Teamswift Racer

Holy dead post Dattman... another 10 y/o thread revived.

This is the only twin cam 3 pot G10 I've ever seen, obviously built to race in a 1000cc class, although these days you could source and Indian made G10B 4cyl engine with 16v head.
Attachment:
HPIM0875.jpg
HPIM0875.jpg [ 74.81 KIB | Viewed 2996 times ]

Attachment:
HPIM0879.jpg
HPIM0879.jpg [ 72.53 KIB | Viewed 2996 times ]

The new suzuki K10b is a great little engine, chain driven twin cam 3 pot with 68bhp and nothing is compatible with the g10 though, the k10b is a significantly better engine in performance, economy, NVH levels and service intervals.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 2:06 pm 

Dattman wrote:
Holy dead post Dattman... another 10 y/o thread revived.

This is the only twin cam 3 pot G10 I've ever seen, obviously built to race in a 1000cc class, although these days you could source and Indian made G10B 4cyl engine with 16v head.
Attachment:
HPIM0875.jpg

Attachment:
HPIM0879.jpg

The new suzuki K10b is a great little engine, chain driven twin cam 3 pot with 68bhp and nothing is compatible with the g10 though, the k10b is a significantly better engine in performance, economy, NVH levels and service intervals.

I've seen that car somewhere on the interwebnets! think it was on google when looking for racing mk1's awhile back. Didn't get a look at the engine tho. Seems like it is a cut down 1.3L dohc head. Either that or was cut down, re-casted, and made to fit. Distributor is also intriguing. I wish there was a way to get a hold of who ever made this or where it came from. As I have seen the car running on the youtubes. Would be nice to find out how they made them and start re producing this. I would imagine you would get a few more RPM's out of the motor with that bad boy!

LOL @ 12v dohc 1000! I want one now. I go search internets now!

1996 Geo Tracker 1.6l 16v 4cyl 1590cc (Daily)

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:11 pm 

look at the valve cover it say's 1000+ 12V (where did he source that valve cover?)....I don't think he made it. Let's keep in mind that in Columbia The Mk1 was built in the through the 90's. Never mind found the link that car is from Ecuador South Americahttp://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23246&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:01 am 

Suzuki offers a 3 cylinder twin cam 12 valve port injected turbo charged 6 speed manual transmission that is in production now. We can't get it here in North America. But they can get it in Afganistan. If they offered it here I would be standing in line to get one. In afganistan the Suzuki Swifts with that drive line are selling for $10,000 american dollars.

97 Geo Metro LSI,1.3L-GT-DOHC-16v,4.10 5-speed,A/C,170,000,suspension lowered 1",4 wheel disk brakes,15"alloy wheels with 185/50-15 Toyo's,GT bucket seats,analog oil pressure gauge,cruise control, new paint job. 40 mpg at 65 mph.
Good, fast, cheap. You only get two.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:33 pm 

k10b for sale on ebay right now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-Nissan-O ... bd&vxp=mtr

F/S 89 Swift GTi body only
F/S 92 Tracker 2 dr rwd stock
93 Sidekick 4 dr 1.9 vw TD, WVO conversion, 6" lift over 33's