TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:11 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:00 pm 

Excellent. He did a great job. I'm using his Mobil One oil suggestion and it works great- probably better than when new. Highly recommended.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:28 am 

I hate to do this but...a clean shop is a nice place to work.

This is the section of our forum where we tell each other the TRUTH regarding our transactions with various members.
So if you clowns have something good or bad to say about someone's work, here is the place to do it.
Don't be afraid to post your experiences.
That's how we learn who to trust with our various parts.

I purchased a used automatic transmission from this seller a year ago.
It was complete except for the dipstick and housing.
He gave his word that he would send the missing parts at a later date but failed to do so.
Months later he mentioned via PM that he was unable to find them and I was welcome to use my old ones. :WTF:

A year later, he is satisfied that the transaction is complete.
I'm a bit disappointed that he wasn't able to make good on his word.

Someone sent me texts regarding an inferior transmission rebuild and he was unhappy that this seller hasn't replaced it as promised.
I'm not sure if this is correct.
I only know that the texts seemed pretty firm.
I'm assuming the texts were sent to me by mistake.
Otherwise I wouldn't mention it.
The actual text was:
"Richard-Fainya did u bring the replacement for the defective transmission you sold me?"
And I am NOT Richard-Fainya.
But this does sound like something which should be addressed and quickly.

I have had several people call me with unhappy results from their transmission rebuilds from this seller. Again, I hate to do this, but some of the calls have lasted several hours.

Also, it is my understanding that one of the young members sent him some parts for rebuild over a year ago and the seller neither did the promised work, nor returned the parts. A carburetor, if I'm not mistaken.

I will update this thread if the correct dipstick and housing ever shows up, but I will not hound him via PM for it.
My point?
This seller may be one of those 'hit or miss' types, with some good work and some questionable work...and some 'no work'. Not returning the latter is certainly a problem.

It is my understanding that once I post this, I cannot go back and edit it.
So hopefully what I have written is accurate.

Thus it is with a heavy heart that I must write:

Caveat emptor.

Best regards.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:18 pm 

Trafficing in second hand information? That's gossip, not a review. Team Swift should have cut all of that out.

Fact: my five speed works wonderfully.

Suspicion: You are to be given slight regard.

Scott Gordon.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:53 pm 

I for one can't say much good about Fainya rebuilt transmissions . He rebuilt two of them for me . An Mk2 and Mk1 . He specialize in Mk2 and that one is a disaster . It looks pretty ( and even that is temporary ) but it does not perform . Its hard to perform when there are parts missing from it. As soon as I installed it in my '94 GT , of course i followed Fainyas instructions on oil and break in procedures , it got locked in reverse and first gear. So it had to come out again . Since I rebuilt few of these myself ( I've been at Suzuki game for a couple of decades and owned at least 20+ of every model Suzuki made) I opened the case to inspect it and look for the problem . It was missing detent ball in reverse lock out mechanism so you could have it in reverse and forward gear at the same time .I have few spare transmissions so I rounded up one from those and fixed it . It went in and worked fine after that except this is a GT so when you get on it and try to shift at redline it didn't work in 2nd or 3rd . I remembered the discussion about fluids and someone mentioning how Mobil1 is very slippery so I drained it and poured in good ol' Synchromesh I've used for last 20+ years on all my Suzukis and lo and behold it stopped grinding in 2nd and 3rd shifts above 4000+ rpm. So now you think I finally have transmission that performs as factory intended , right? well , not quite. I have one that works but it also provides Shtuka dive bomber sound track especially in 5th cruising the freeway . It howls ,and I just listened to six hours of it last night coming back from LA. Good thing I stopped and bought some ear plugs ..................
There is much more negative I could elaborate about Fainya rebuilt transmissions and some other things but I think this will suffice for now.
Exercise caution because he seems to be hit or miss kind of a deal .

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:12 pm 

No shifts over 4,000 here, and the three cylinder's stock. I putt, but also tow small motorcycles. He gave me a wide First gear for that reason. Operation is, so far, very fine. I took trans to him four hours away and he bought lunch and let me drive his DOHC hotrod. I returned for it on schedule and am happy. So far it does well in cold weather- one annoyance that had been worse before rebuild.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:52 pm 

Previous oil was Redline MTL, for background. That made big improvement over stock fluid way back when.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:54 pm 

This is a feedback thread, not a discussion thread. Let's leave feedback, and feedback only, and not argue about it.
I've been the recipient of feedback threads where a pile of bullshit is posted by people who haven't a clue what they're talking about, and I won't allow that to happen here.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:32 pm 
Suzuki Elder

the transmission that fainya built for my red twincam vert project car is the best transmission i've had in one of these suzuki cars.

he has done a half a dozen distributors for me as well that were perfect.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:19 pm 
Island Inbreeder

I have one of Fain ya
MK1T3 Rebuilt Distributors .
And works flawless
It came with upgrades very happy with his work
And wouldn't hesitate to use his service again...JV&S

t3 ragtop wrote:
the 3 banger isn't at all a "grenade." it's a tough little son of a bitch doing a big job. respect it.
suprf1y wrote:
I didn't save anything.Vehicles are to me, like little boys are to Tommy.Toys to be abused for my own personal pleasure.
jrjd wrote:
"Driving a Swift GTi is like driving a bike in your house".