TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:18 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:39 am 

WARNING

Ordered a $250 SR20 throttle body.

Shipment never arrived. STRIDER aknowledged this and promised a refund.

This refund was promised 3.5 months ago, and there have been several different excuses why the refund is delayed.

Not much I can do about this but just a heads up to other buyers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:57 pm 

Andru365 wrote:
WARNING

This refund was promised 3.5 months ago, and there have been several different excuses why the refund is delayed.

Just out of curiosity... why would you pay $250 for a throttle body?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:48 am 

jankoelbola wrote:
Andru365 wrote:
WARNING

Just out of curiosity... why would you pay $250 for a throttle body?

No, its cultus header and throttle body. My mistake is sent it using sea mail. 3 parcel missing. And my paypal acc was freeze due to customer dispute on paypal.

Whatever it is, customer is always right, will solve this issue ASAP. No more sea mail, lesson to myself :-)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:06 pm 

My latest order for the cultus pistons arrived today. They arrived in about 8 days by air.... My case is finally closed.

'60 Austin Healey Sprite, '67 Austin Healey 3000, '74 celica GT w/ 18rg, '88 RX7 10th anniversary, '89 MR2 SC, '05 Infiniti G35 6MT

Had
'80 Renault Le Car, '73 Celica ST, '76 VW Rabbit, '96 Honda Civic Si coupe, '87 Toyota Corolla GTS hatchbk
Casually looking for
early 240Z, Celica All-Trac ST165, Supra Turbo A80, NSX

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:50 am 

A third package arrived last week.

Thank you. 8)

1991-GTi: JE 75mm 11:1 pistons,Ported head, Single UD pulley (OCC),Sandros chip,Aluminium flywheel,3tech 222/365 cams, Cultus headers,Cultus IM,50mm tb,Crane cams adjustable cam gears,Apex suspension, 4.39fd GB.
1989-GTi: 3Tech 210/340 Cams,Cultus IM, B&G springs, TD04L turbo, Apexi SAFC, Suzukird UD pulley, Circuitse7en dual boost controller, AEM wideband, AEM water / meth injection kit, HKS bov.
2001-Altezza AS200: Stock.-sold
2003-EVO7 GT-A
Aruba "one happy island".

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:32 am 

Update to a post made earlier

Strider has fully refunded me for the lost parts. The conflict has been resolved.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:41 pm 

ordered an upper wing/spoiler and rear window motor. Both arrived today. Nearly 8000 miles took just under 2 months to arrive. But, it did get here so I can't complain. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:16 pm 

It took him a long time, but Strider refunded me for some things that never made it using sea-mail. I knew it would take a long time to receive the goods in the first place, so when they clearly weren't going to arrive, I expected it would take a while to fix it. It did, but I got my money back and wouldn't hesitate to do business with Strider again, just not using over-sea shipping. It's a shame because air shipping rates make his otherwise reasonable prices effectively much higher.

Strider is a man of his word, but air mail is best.

Spanish Inquisition Racing chip burning service--build yourself a custom chip!
http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=57216

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:39 pm 

A BIG thanks to Strider for the group buy for the Metro silicone hose set. It took quite a few months for this to happen but the hoses look great. Strider took alot of heat for the slow progress of this buy but he made it happen for us and I thank him for it. I would do business with him again in a heartbeat.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:06 am 

Well, this is my second go around with Strider, and so far it is no better than the first.

Three weeks ago, I sent $$ for a Cultus extractor to be shipped by two-week airmail. Two weeks later he PM's, says he's been sick, part has not shipped.

Ok, so when is it going to ship? He's says "bro, I will get details tomorrow dont worry".

4 days ago :(

I have some hope that, like last time, I will eventually get either my part or my money back, but I can't say this is an even remotely positive experience.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:33 am 

Thanks Strider :thumbsup:

Got my Cultus extractor 8)

Strider is easy to find on Facebook--I suggest contacting him that way, as I did not get quick or very helpful responses from TeamSwift PMs, but on FB he shared photos of my package that included the customs number, so I could track it once it got to the US (FYI this also works in many other countries, and in the other direction too).

I understand--TeamSwift is not really something that works well with a cellphone, and if you're a busy guy, it's not an ideal way to do business, so I am glad FB worked out.

I also ship parts internationally, and I always share pictures of the package and/or the shipping receipt with customs number with my customers, and I'd recommend anyone that sells parts on the forum (or anywhere else) do this as well.

The outer package was a little beat up, but Strider packed my Cultus extractor well in bubble wrap inside.

The part has a little surface rust on the outer side of the flange, but it's about on par given that it came off a 23-25 year old car and will clean up easily.

It's in very good shape, with no dings or dents and the price was very reasonable :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:24 pm 

Payed for a glassfiber lipkit to my swift 27 nov 2014. Still no package in the mail. Excuse after excuse. I can see why some warned us about this guy. Why just not be a jackass, send me the lipkit asap!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:16 pm 

I have nothing good to say about Strider. Excuse after excuse after I requested my refund. Carbon fiber fenders never showed up. Never received a tracking number, I asked for one and he said he's having problems with the shipping company. I put in my order in this summer.He lost a lot of business with me because I was going to go all out with carbon fiber stuff for my metro. Want him to custom make me a carbon fiber hatch too but not at all now. If I ever think about buying anything from Strider I'll be requesting him to ship the product first with tracking number and I would pay him when shipment arrives to me. I suggest all to do the same until this guy gets his ish straight.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:19 pm 

kel wrote:
I have nothing good to say about Strider. Excuse after excuse after I requested my refund. Carbon fiber fenders never showed up. Never received a tracking number, I asked for one and he said he's having problems with the shipping company. I put in my order in this summer.He lost a lot of business with me because I was going to go all out with carbon fiber stuff for my metro. Want him to custom make me a carbon fiber hatch too but not at all now. If I ever think about buying anything from Strider I'll be requesting him to ship the product first with tracking number and I would pay him when shipment arrives to me. I suggest all to do the same until this guy gets his ish straight.

Wish I knew how to post all our conversations by email that me and Strider had on this never ending situation.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:34 pm 

Fenders arrived. I'm not home, out of town more details in a week or so. I'm glad the fenders arrived.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:27 am 

kel wrote:
Fenders arrived. I'm not home, out of town more details in a week or so. I'm glad the fenders arrived.

Fenders arrived damaged... Carbon fiber fenders were not boxed but wrapped with bobble wrap. Fenders were cracked in multiple spots on both fenders. Strider promised to fix the issue but never has and wanted me to have them fixed and just reimburse me. I told him how much it would be to fix them and his response was "bro you know that's to much". Then said he would only pay half.
My next issue with strider is I wanted him to make me a carbon fiber rear hatch . Sent $750 to get started on the project and it's been a month with nothing. No email response. Asked for pictures on the build and was told there was nothing to send because it's just in the primer stage to get the hatch smooth for the mold process. I responded with that's a perfect picture to send me to show me the progress being made. Still no pictures nor e-mail response.
DONT BUY FROM.THIS GUY. HE IS A RIP OFF.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:28 pm 

donstule wrote:
Payed for a glassfiber lipkit to my swift 27 nov 2014. Still no package in the mail. Excuse after excuse. I can see why some warned us about this guy. Why just not be a jackass, send me the lipkit asap!
I do know that his last batch of kits where faulty, I have a rear lip that does not fit, and needs modifying. He is aware of the problem. And he was looking for a new manufacture.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:12 pm 

update still no answer from strider. avoiding my emails now. he broke our contract and i demanded my money be returned $750. two times he told me next week with nothing from him. words alone cant describe this guy this guy. ill continue to post more about this until he gives me my money.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:49 am 
Suzuki Elder

i have bought unused strider carbon fiber parts second hand, the cover plate for the twincam's valve cover and an upper timing belt cover for my red twincam vert.

in both instances the parts as supplied each took several hours of modifications to fit to the car, more work than i'd think a guy should need to spend on a part that was guaranteed to fit and cost a fair amount of money.

i was happier dealing with the members i bought the parts from at discounted prices than i would be with dealing with strider. he's way too random for me and when i have dealt with him directly it was like pulling teeth to get him to send the parts. some parts, like an adjustable cam gear, were just trash from the start.

so, this is definitely a buyer beware situation. just to refresh the teamswift policy on this, the site takes no responsibility for items which are advertised and sold on the forum. buyer and seller feedback is meant to provide research that needs to be undertaken prior to a purchase. :wink:

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:59 pm 

strider where is my $700??? over a year and nothing has been received on my end.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:28 pm 
Suzuki Elder

i feel your frustration, kel. :evil:

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:05 pm 

Why is he still a member is my question. How many people does he have to screw over?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:11 pm 

What excuse will you (Swiper im meant strider) pop up with next??? Feel free to respond publicly. anybody know how to make our private messages public? just want to show the teamswift community first hand/hard core proof what a joke this guy is.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:28 pm 

His account has been suspended for a while