TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:06 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:53 am 

Hi All,

I having been reading a lot on standalone EMS and came across ECU MASTER EMU which is having good reviews and performance.

I also tried to dig more into this and understood they have some good piggy back and also the same could be used as standalone with limited options (still worth the price).

I am planning to buy ECU Master EMU and fix it on my G13B SOHC Turbo.

I am looking for more info on this ECU and also wiring this to the car.

I would keep you all posted about the process and tuning, the reason to start this post to help all the Suzuki lovers to have some good standalone EMS for cheaper price.

May be most of the members are aware of ECU master for sometime now, its just that this should help the newer ones.

If any existing users please feel free to post your experience about EMU and support the ones who have difficulties in setting up the EMU ecu :) :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:08 am 

Specifications from EMU Manual

Attachment:
EMU_Specs.PNG
EMU_Specs.PNG [ 133.47 KIB | Viewed 1796 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:12 am 

Functions of EMU

Attachment:
EMU_Functions.PNG
EMU_Functions.PNG [ 127.35 KIB | Viewed 1796 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:13 am 

Pinouts of EMU

Attachment:
EMU_Pinouts.PNG
EMU_Pinouts.PNG [ 105.52 KIB | Viewed 1796 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:03 am 

Hi All,

I would firstly thank ECU Master Technical team for their continued support.
I would like to share my experience with ECU master EMU used on Suzuki G series wasted spark ignition system.

Vehicle Specification
Make : Maruti Suzuki
Model : Esteem MK 1 (globally know as Suzuki Swift)
Engine Code: G13 BB SOHC
Engine Capacity: 1300cc
Engine Management System: ECU Master EMU

Suzuki vehicle in India are a little different than the cars sold globally. Initially we had no Fuel Injection cars from Suzuki sold in India.
We had to wait for long duration to have Suzuki FI cars sold in India, we are happy to have some good models and engines that were made available,
Suzuki SOHC G13BB initially was launched with distributor ignition system and later in 2005 Suzuki Swift was sold with G13BB COP wasted spark set up eliminating conventional distributors.
Wasted Spark COP were first introduced in India back in 2000 with Suzuki Baleno G16B, Suzuki Swift in 2005 followed same ignition control system using CKP and CMP sensors.
Primary Trigger : 36-2-2-2
Secondary Trigger : 2 teeth 90 deg to each other.
Coils : Built in amplifier, Dual coils.
World wide support to Suzuki engines is less compared to all other OEMs, considering all challenges decided to use EMU for first time since it has lot of features and was interested to try this on our Indian Suzuki engines.
Having automotive qualification and experience working for different OEMs for software development for different ECUs also working experience with a few international Standalone EMS it was not really difficult to install EMU on our Maruti Suzuki Esteem.
EMU wiring installation was completed, started with base map to crank the engine, to crank you need to have presets right which is ECU trigger settings.
Started with Primary trigger then secondary trigger followed by ignition and fuel settings.
I made all wiring connections my self (pics will be uploaded soon) connections were checked multiple times to ensure none of the wiring is wrong.
After all testing from EMU Test Output options I was very happy we had all outputs from EMU working as expected.
Engine was cranked first time after installing EMU and checked for trigger pattern on scope option available in EMU and was not the actual trigger pattern and also Log files displayed some errors.
After spending so much time I was stuck with trigger issues and engine doesn't crank but all presets and settings are correct.
Finally called ECU master technical team spoke to them, they were shocked to hear and after looking into logs and MAP he transferred to another engineer and we worked together and resolved the issue.
Issue was simple sensor GND from EMU connection was broken.

I would like to conclude here informing you all please use ECU Master and its worth every penny spent and also technical support is really good which would help us in all possible ways to make everything functional.

Anybody have question related to setup or connection please feel free to reach also any installations in India please feel free to contact.

Regards,
Putani.