TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:27 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:26 pm 

new to this site, can anyone tell me name and or number of a turbo that will bolt on to my 1992 Pontiac fire fly ? the one on car now is making a lot of smoke and lower power. thanks if you can help me. cheers Russ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:49 am 
Suzuki Elder

ihi rhb32

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:43 pm 

thank you very much for your help, cheers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:30 pm 

Since you are in the Lower Mainland, check out where locals go to service their turbos / fuel injection systems. They moved to a new location in Richmond BC but have had a good reputation for more than 25 years.

https://www.westcoastturbos.com/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:51 pm 

That shop offers to service the EGR & DPF Delete.

It sounds not good business to me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:13 pm 

CMA wrote:
That shop offers to service the EGR & DPF Delete.

It sounds not good business to me.

The subject of whether a shop chooses to offer to perform diesel truck modifications such as installation of EGR/DPF Delete kits is admittedly a controversial topic.

For the original poster, it is a reputable local shop that I like to use for service for my turbo and fuel injection cleaning.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:51 pm 

A shop that offers egr delete for diesel is a shop that realizes 8/10 Diesel engine failures are from clogged egr passages(seriously) :wink: I used to think egr delete was completely asinine and boy was I set straight for some old time diesel boys. On say a Chevy tbi 305 egr delete=horrible idea definite kaboom say a ford powerpoke egr delete=better longevity in a well maintained engine. Judging by the equipment shown on their site I'd say more than qualified to rebuild a rhb32. Or if your feeling attentive and are mechanically inclined buy a rebuild kit and do it yourself it's a free floating bushed turbo not a ball bearing turbo if it's all in there correctly balance should be achieved. Look at the turbo supliment there's a very helpful cutaway view of our turbo showing the location of the bush's and c clips. The impeller retaining nut is reverse thread you will need very tiny long snap ring pliers and a good spanner wrench. Check your shaft if it's cracked don't even think of reusing it. Use only plastic brushes and be very gentle with the blades. Use only the right tools for the job and if you have any doubts have a shop do it. I think here locally I could have had mine rebuilt for around 150 USD. Wouldn't have done me any good my turbo was TOAST (massive cracks on exaust housing and a cracked(now broken)shaft.

1978 Chevy monza 2+2, 74 step side Chevy, firebird,firebird,fake 91 firehawk in the making,trans am(dd),other trans am, n/a mk1 sprint, and my baby 1987 Chevy sprint turbo in red. How many run right now? Just the n/a sprint. It's not a collection it's my retirement plan.