TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:45 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: sr20tb issue
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:16 pm 

Hi,
when i swapped the 55mm sr20tb (was already running a cultus intake) in my samurai gti i'm having an idle issue.I have the tps adjusted as usual with a filler 0,65mm from tb adjusting screw(which i did not touched).Then When cold idles to 2000rpm which is ok.At hot operation idles on 900rpm which is good.But the problem is when i operate the hydraulic steering wheel in a static potition,rpm drops alot to 400-500rpm which often stalls the engine.Then i have to crank it again.
If i put back the stock tb and readjust the tps,i dont have this issue.It drops to 700-800rpm.So there is something to do with the tb.Beside this is running great and gives a great response and sound..
Should i raise a bit the idle from the adjusting screw and readjust the tps or look something else.

Post subject: Re: sr20tb issue
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:24 am 

Any suggestion on this?

Post subject: Re: sr20tb issue
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:35 pm 

The factory approach is to use various sensors to allow the ECM (engine control module) know to increase idle air to compensate for increased engine loads whether it from switching A/C on, defogger or heater on, or power steering demands. Some components used in idle control are the IAC (intake air control valve) , a stepper motor on the throttle, etc. You may need to consult the FSM (factory service manual) to see how power steering loads are idle compensated for your particular application.