TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:02 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:25 pm 
Teamswift Racer

Not quite but as close as you're ever going to get in a new car, 3 cylinder 1.0 turbo and a 6 speed manual, sign me up :buzz:
http://www.caradvice.com.au/552151/volk ... ti-coming/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:57 pm 

I like the design.

1991-GTi: JE 75mm 11:1 pistons,Ported head, Single UD pulley (OCC),Sandros chip,Aluminium flywheel,3tech 222/365 cams, Cultus headers,Cultus IM,50mm tb,Crane cams adjustable cam gears,Apex suspension, 4.39fd GB.
1989-GTi: 3Tech 210/340 Cams,Cultus IM, B&G springs, TD04L turbo, Apexi SAFC, Suzukird UD pulley, Circuitse7en dual boost controller, AEM wideband, AEM water / meth injection kit, HKS bov.
2001-Altezza AS200: Stock.-sold
2003-EVO7 GT-A
Aruba "one happy island".

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:49 pm 

the VW UP! GTi may cost more than the new Swift Sport 1.6. (Unfortunately in 4 door format only)

plus the VW looks like a trash compactor has attacked it from the back, sides, and from overhead. =)

I would spend the money acquiring the best original Sprint Turbo I could find and pocket the extra $20,000.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:38 am 
Teamswift Racer

I would expect it to cost more than a swift sport as you can be sure it's much better built, it is also a different class of car, the Swift is pretty similar in wheelbase and interior room as a Mitsi Evo 1,2,3, not exactly small any more.

In saying than the Swift sport is coming out with the 1.4L booster jet engine, finally!!! about 6 years too late but considering the Polo GTI is the same size as the Swift and it has a 1.8 turbo the Swifts 1.4 turbo will still be underpowered.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:35 am 

I would drive that. Kind of ugly but you could fix it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:16 am 

Love it! No chance it will come to the US :(

Though they are a bit bigger (as is almost everything these days) Ford's Fiestas do have excellent suspension tuning, even if they must make do with a twist-beam in the rear. Even the base model cars are fun to drive, which I can confirm from actual experience because my mother has one.

Of course the ones you want are the "Red" or "Black" editions sold only in Europe that have the 1.0 turbo 3 with all the Fiesta ST suspension bits at a much more reasonable price--not to mention only 2 doors.

Spanish Inquisition Racing chip burning service--build yourself a custom chip!
http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=57216

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:20 am 

Interesting but unfortunately made by Volkswagen , over engineered to Nth degree , consequently expensive and difficult to maintain and tune. Wish Suzuki would get off the stupid train and concentrate on small cars and SUVs their core customers want

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:51 pm 

no thanks... much similar to Kia Soul.

and 4dr gti vs 2dr gti in youtube.... old dr2 gti looks much clean and design for its age. It shows to how to design the new gti so cheap.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:05 pm 
Teamswift Racer

CMA wrote:
no thanks... much similar to Kia Soul.

You must be kidding, the Kia has no soul what so ever, it is also huge (4.14M) compared to this and the new Suzuki Ignis which is similarly sized at around 3.6m.

The UP GTI will be released in both 3 and 5 door variants apparently, not so fussed on the funky interior but really how many other really small cars are there with good handling, decent performance and full safety features? I've driven the Suzuki Ignis and it feels like it's going to roll over on every corner so if the UP feels as planted as our Polo then I'm certainly keen.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:21 pm 

you have strange taste... look at how body is design.. and rear black glass.... much similar to soul's ideas.

Well new automotive cars sucks...unlike to old glory time.... therefore get the better sporty-like car OR create your own car.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:18 pm 
Teamswift Racer

Other than a both being a "two box" design (like every other hatchback) they look quite different, the UP has been around a long time, its just the gti version thats new.
Unfortunately the days of great simple lightweight cars of the late 80's and 90s are over and are never coming back, blame some of it on the huge SUVs that some people want to drive and safety standards required to survive getting hit by one.

I do agree that a lot of modern car design is rather un-inspiring and rather bland, Kia, Toyota, Honda and Mitsi being some of the main culprits that spring to mind, however don't forget there was a lot of crap cars made in the 80's and 90's that we all prefer to forget about, we just choose to remember the good ones like the Swift gti and Honda crx's/vtec civics as they tend to make good little race cars 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:15 am 
Teamswift Racer

Here you go then, spiritual successor to the Firefly?... a NZ road test on the new Suzuki swift including the 1L 3 banger turbo, they've done a good job getting the weight down.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/road-te ... zuki-swift

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:27 am 

I didn't like it in the first pic, but it looks great in that last one. That car would definitely sell in Canada.