TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:25 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:12 pm 

has anyone received their crank scrapper coz i have not seen it in my mail after 2 months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:18 pm 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

mine arrived a couple days after i made that last post, nov.30/dec.01 ..
it was shipped on nov.26/03 according to the stamp on the parcel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:20 pm 

Yeah, mine too.

Has anyone installed it yet? (I'm waiting for warmer days...)

If so, have you had any problems installing? Should I pay closer attention to something in particular while installing or is it a pretty simple process?

Have you seen any performance improvement? A dyno run maybye?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:25 pm 

Jeff, just to let you know that I have received the crank scrapper by post. Nice part, will take some time to polish up some of the holes and edges.

has anyone installed the crank scrapper yet??????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:19 am 

Lee,

yup, got mine installed.

You will need a feeler guage, and few practice fittings to make sure you have the clearance. YOU MUST CHECK (and adjust with a file) FOR CLEARANCE 1~2mm in my case as I wanted to be on the safe side !!!!!
All the bits were delivered as expected, the fitting took about 1 hr with the block sitting on the bench in front of me.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:56 am 

ok thanks for the installation feedback. i will get it done over at my mechanic's workshop who has done an excellent job with my gti.

so how is the feeling after installation of the crank scrapper?i am already running an oil cooler, so not sure how the crank scrapper will improve things further.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 9:12 pm 

So how many of you guys/gals have installed your scraper yet? Can you notice a difference? Do you think it is worth it?

Thanks ppl.

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 4:04 pm 

Bump.

Anyone else?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:00 pm 

Has no one got theirs yet?

Please I am looking for recomendations. I want to buy one of these. Come on there was over 20 people that bought one from this group buy! There must be someone.

Thanks all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:39 pm 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

mines sitting in the kitchen still .. & it'll be a while before will have somewhere to work on my car where i can pull the oil pan off :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 10:07 pm 
smart@ss

Play Boy wrote:

Please I am looking for recomendations. I want to buy one of these. Come on there was over 20 people that bought one from this group buy! There must be someone.

Thanks all

If this is one of your first mods, then don't even bother spending money on it, spend your money elsewhere for better results.

http://sierraclub.com/exxposeexxon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 4:34 pm 

Hey Qwall,

I have got a full 2" mandrel exhaust with extractors, cold ram air induction, Underdrive, Adj. Vernier Cams etc.

Have you put one in? Do you think it is not worth it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 4:53 pm 
King of Pompous

It's the type of mod you do when you are looking for that 0.0001 of a second faster time. Don't forget that you need some of that windage to lube the bearings too. IMHO this mod should only be done to a fully modded engine. Once you have it set up to rev to 9k without destroying itself and have done every other mod to it that you can.

FAKE FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
REAL FRIENDS: Is the reason you have no food.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:07 am 

m wrote:
It's the type of mod you do when you are looking for that 0.0001 of a second faster time. Don't forget that you need some of that windage to lube the bearings too. IMHO this mod should only be done to a fully modded engine. Once you have it set up to rev to 9k without destroying itself and have done every other mod to it that you can.

Hi,

I guess that people are not just aware that crank scrapers are OEM on many stock engines.

Look at the Ford 4.6, for example. Certainly not a fully modded engine and it has _4_ separate crank scraper devices in addition to the windage tray. The Nissan VG30 has at least _7_ separate crank scraper devices in its pan in addition to a windage tray. Mercedes (DaimlerChrysler) holds one of the original patents for scraper technology.

Just because Suzuki doesn't use them stock doesn't mean they should only be used on fully modded engines.

Also, the G10, G13, etc. have positive lubrication to the bearings -- the ejected oil from those bearings helps create the windage cloud. There is splash lubrication to certain areas (cylinder walls, piston pins) but there is still plenty of lubrication available -- a scraper does not remove all the oil.

Kind regards,

Kevin Johnson

Ishihara-Johnson Crank Scrapers

Post subject: Scrapers
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:59 am 

Well said Kevin. Every thing helps. It is a matter of if the gain is worth it to the person. I have one. I think everything that simple to do and that cheap. Is worth my time and money.
But, some people do not want to spend that much effort; To make a little more power. Everyone has there view.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:33 am 

GUYS, YOU'RE SOOOOO CHEAP!!!!

I mean, 4$... What does it mean to you?

Those guys had to pay 85$ from their own pocket just so you can have your crank scraper...

For those of you who don't know the whole story, the crank scraper group buyers where asked to pay an additionnal 4$ for some late FedEX brokerage charge.
The manufacturer, as they are just a small business, couldn't afford to pay this charge. So they asked every buyer to send them an extra 4$.

Only four of us did...

Quote:
----- Original Message -----
To: ************@hotmail.com
Sent: Friday, August 06, 2004 9:16 PM
Subject: Re: FedEX brokerage charge

Dear Simon,

You are one of only four people in your group that helped us with the fees.

[...]

Again, thank you for your help!

Kind regards,

Kevin & Samantha Johnson

Ishihara-Johnson Crank Scrapers
http://www.crank-scrapers.com
Land O' Lakes, Florida
727-808-8602

I think that will be the end of group buys for those guys...

Post subject: Crankscraper dues
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:30 pm 

I paid, I did not see the big deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:50 am 
Moderator & FAQ King
Moderator & FAQ King

Come on people, pay up! $4 is not a lot of money out your pocket. Kevin is doing the Swift community a huge favor by manufacturing custom parts for us. We should all do whatever we can to foster and support independent grassroots parts manufacturers. This kind of selfish behaviour kills small businesses and it hurts everyone in the community when a manufacturer has to close it's doors. Is this how we treat one of our own?

maybe a picture Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:29 am 

Hi there, I'm one of the crank scrapper buyers. Are we supposed to chip in for something? Sorry I was not made aware. Let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:46 pm 

I paid the other day. I lost Jeff's email about this when my computer crashed and forgot about it until I read this post. $4 is nothing and I think we should definitely help out. I got hit with a $130 CDN fee when I sent Liam my flywheel and pressure plate to be lightened and balanced. This crazy ass duty fee b.s. definitely hurts business. Makes you think twice about sending or receiving something for damn sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:36 pm 
SYL23 wrote:
I paid the other day. I lost Jeff's email about this when my computer crashed and forgot about it until I read this post. $4 is nothing and I think we should definitely help out. I got hit with a $130 CDN fee when I sent Liam my flywheel and pressure plate to be lightened and balanced. This crazy @ss duty fee b.s. definitely hurts business. Makes you think twice about sending or receiving something for damn sure.

You don't have to pay the extra duty if you are sending an item out and it's getting shipped back to you. You should of marked "for repair" on the item and explain to them that it was a repair and the part will be returned back to you.

I've done that with some parts i've shipped out and have had no problems. But i've also purchased genuine suzuki floor mats with a carcover brand new and was dinged at the boarded for more then what i paid for the items.. now i am in possession of some of the most expensive floor mats for a suzuki! LOL... $200Cnd later!!! no joke

gypsydigi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:37 pm 

Yah I heard about the "repair" thing but I think there is a time limit on that. If I remember correctly it was like two weeks turn around time or something. I know Liam was trying to get it all straightened out. He wasn't any happier about it than I was. It was a long time ago and the quality of the work and the fact that Liam next day aired it back to me eased the pain. It's still a shitty deal when you pay $70us to ship it to Canada then get hit with another $90us on top just to please "the man" :evil:

Post subject: Dyno results
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:43 am 

I finally dyno tested the G10 scraper -- on a stock engine it regained an average of 3% hp (four pulls -- data ranged from 2.5% to 3.5%) -- power increased from approx. 2750rpm to 5300rpm. Remember the G10 (and G13 series) already has a full windage tray and power was still increased.

Kind regards,

Kevin Johnson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:01 am 

same boat as leeye, can you please PM me or email me with the payment details?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:45 pm 

Just heard back from a Honda racing team that received some D16 scrapers for evaluation about 7 months ago. They regained between 1.5% and 3% hp depending on rpm. That despite the main girdle structure that runs along the mains in that engine.

Very much in line with our dyno results on the G10.

Kind regards,

Kevin Johnson

qwall wrote:
Play Boy wrote:

Thanks all

If this is one of your first mods, then don't even bother spending money on it, spend your money elsewhere for better results.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next