TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:12 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:12 pm 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

yesterday
recieved a video from the mountain boarding magazine i subscribe to, should have been a comp./free item, but canada customs throws on another $10 in their handling charges & assumed value taxes ...
today
ups shows up w/ a muffler that was being given to me, no charge, no value, $47 in brokerage fees & taxes. wtf ?

any suggestions for recieving little items into canada ? or just minimizing the BS charges ?

Last edited by n1tr0 on Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:29 pm 

Simple soulution is to stop dealing with UPS. I was similarily burned by ups (they wanted $75 additional after $57 shipping on a $100 item). Have not dealt with them since, and have no intentions of doing so again. If your dealing on Ebay ask for them to ship via USPS.

Ryan

Post subject: UPS sucks
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:56 pm 
Teamswift Racer

Yes
I hate getting stuff by UPS they break, loose. and take way too much time.
I always have stupid brokage, tax. when they deliver. and usually 2 weeks later a freaking nother bill for duty.
a 40 dollar eday parts turns into well over 250 cdn...

and most sellers must have an aggrement with ups as they won't ship anything else.

I got dinged when a fellow swifter sent me some stuff to get machined... and frick if they didn't charge me huge. this is BULL as 2 weeks later I sent everything back to him. now , ask UPS for a refund. never gonna happen. but i'm still trying to get his money back.

UPS SUCKS BLOWS SPITS SUCKS

I want to to send a big ass bag of DOG crap with my next payment.

Post subject: UPS-Goatfuckers
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:35 am 
A legend in his own mind

yeah,
here's another gripe on how the guys at UPS are goatfuckers...
I dealt with them a long time ago and got SMOKED with this bull$hit brokerage fee business....learned quick to never deal with them again.
USPS is fine, as is Canada Post...except for their never updated tracking service...

PS: in a recent dealing with a gentleman in the UK (England), I learned that there was NO POINT in me spending lots of extra cash for me to send payment to him with this signature/registered/expedited bullshit.
From what I understand, England has 7 day a week, Twice a day mail- bascially one of the BEST postal systems in the WORLD...so a plain ol' stamp is fine. No point in spending all this extra cash in dealing with UK business....
Cool, eh?
bet you never knew that!

TGstring

Post subject: UPS
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 4:35 pm 

UPS charges brokers fees as a scam on stupid people. NOTE, broker fees are only legally chargeable to commercial cross boarder company to company shipping. When you as a private persons has somthing shipped to you no brokerage fees are due only normal tax and if applicible duty. THey are running a scam, that is a fact. Stay clear of the scum bags. Send or recieve by Canada or U.S post. If you have to buy from a company that shipps only UPS tell them you are a private person and are not subject to broker fees and will refuse any shippment with broker fees attached! Best to also fax the company the same notice for your protection.

Post subject: Re: UPS-Goatfuckers
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:43 pm 

TGstring wrote:
yeah,
here's another gripe on how the guys at UPS are goatfuckers...
I dealt with them a long time ago and got SMOKED with this bull$hit brokerage fee business....learned quick to never deal with them again.
USPS is fine, as is Canada Post...except for their never updated tracking service...

PS: in a recent dealing with a gentleman in the UK (England), I learned that there was NO POINT in me spending lots of extra cash for me to send payment to him with this signature/registered/expedited bullshit.
From what I understand, England has 7 day a week, Twice a day mail- bascially one of the BEST postal systems in the WORLD...so a plain ol' stamp is fine. No point in spending all this extra cash in dealing with UK business....
Cool, eh?
bet you never knew that!
I received a small package from London (UK) last winter by regular UK mail and it took a whole 4 days to get here. They have awesome mail service. USPS and Canada Mail have been good for US to Canadian shipments. Import duty sucks for you guys though.

Mike

TGstring

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:28 pm 
smart@ss

I have dealt with Ups numerous times and have always been satisfied, prices are cheaper than USPS, timely delivery.
Btw guys i bet you wouldn't be complaining if she was delivering and handling your packages http://www.teamswift.net/album_page.php?pic_id=203

http://sierraclub.com/exxposeexxon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:45 pm 

well everyone can understand why you are not complaining about UPS service. maybe the rest of us will just have to be contend with the complaints until we get the same sort of service from UPS.

Post subject: Re: UPS
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:31 pm 

GMC wrote:
UPS charges brokers fees as a scam on stupid people. NOTE, broker fees are only legally chargeable to commercial cross boarder company to company shipping. When you as a private persons has somthing shipped to you no brokerage fees are due only normal tax and if applicible duty. THey are running a scam, that is a fact.

UPS, FedEx and such have created bogus spin-off brokerage companies like "FedEx Trade Networks" and such just to have legal rights to charge people $$$$$$$$$$ for small and often worthless packages. Not much you can do here in Canada, except using US_based P.O. Box shipping address and drive across the border to collect the goodies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:53 am 

I got ripped big time by UPS. I ordered my cams from ESR and they came in weeks later. Ups then sent me a bill for $180 for broker fees!!! I was pissed cause I just spent over $1000 for new parts and shipping and now $180?? I called Rik at ESR and he split the difference with me wich was nice of him. DON"T DEAL WITH UPS!!!!!

Jake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:04 pm 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

:evil: alright, so once again i had to deal w/ a crappy ebay seller who refused to ship anything but ups .. AND they shipped it ground :thwack: ..
some things to note, if you send a package from the US to canada via any form of air they don't stiff you with the bogus brokerage fees/extortion/package ransom :furious: , whatever you want to call it ..
so when i got my tracking information and learned it was being shipped ground i immediately did some research and found this gem of a site ...
http://home.cogeco.ca/~jcstefani/gouging.htm

i also asked around to some fellow canadians who've successfully dealt with Brown before...
GMC wrote:
What they are doing in law is not legal but few if anyone is willing to fight them due to the cost of a supreme court civil action. I will only use them if it is a US prurchase by not entering Canada, ship to blain. Or If you have to ship by air and brokerage is included to canada. But in the end they are scum, they live off stupid people. When they contact you tell them this is a private none commercial item and is not subject to broker fees, also inform them that it is not legal to hold your property for ransom. Tell them that if they feel they have a legal claim to such charges that they should file a suit. if they will not release it to you without the brokers fees, tell them that you will be contacting the RCMP fraud division and then due so.

so following some advice, i went on the offensive when i called in about my package, calling it a scam and fraudulent activities, esp. since they claim all packages have to go through their brokers, however if you pay $2 more for air, they waive the fees (btw, this was $21.73 brokerage fees on a $19 item :evil: , not government taxes)..
so i called the rep Nancy (employee number 722)
was transferred to brokerage department (Jennifer 496)
threatened to call the RCMP fraud division as soon as we were off the phone.
then requested to speak to her manager...
no manager was available, but she'd called her help desk and they were offering to do a one time goodwill waiver of the fees ....
so tomorrow i'm going down to pickup my parcel :twisted:

thanks for the advice gerry :yeahyeah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:15 pm 
Suzuki Elder

guys,

i used to work for them and i can tell you that they are the scum of the earth. their bottom line is all that matters, they have no good will, they have shitty service, and they not only screw the public, they screw their employees.

i wouldn't ship with them if it was free and they did have delivery people who looked like that cutie! the truth of it is that 90% of the women they employ get more pussy than any of us!

they suck and that's all there is to it.

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:14 pm 
number one!

LONG rant. About nothing really, but it's good therapy to right it down and clear my head after such a long winded battle.

Here's the lowdown:

Tracked the item from Los Angeles, CA to Dartmouth NS; expected a delivery within a day or so. They landed and no one was home on Sept 1. The documentation left at my house was that they would attempt to deliver it the following day. That was perfect, because I had the day off to see my oldest daughter off to school for the first time; I would be home all day.

They never showed. Instead they showed up on Friday, when no one was home.

I called them on Monday to see if they would be out again. They were, and delivery was missed for the third attempt. I asked if they could redirect it to my work here, and they replied "Yes, of course! It would be out tomorrow!" (Tueday).

Tuesday comes and goes, I track the package to Newfoundland. I call in a panic, and they have no idea where the package is, but they suspect it wasn't in newfoundland. "It takes 24 hours to process a change of delivery address, so it will be tomorrow" (Wednesday)

Wednesday comes and goes. No updates on the site. I call again Wednesday evening. "Oh no Mr. Ross, it takes 24 - 48 hours to process the address change. It will be out tomorrow"

Thursday, no word. "We're not sure why it wasn't sent out. We'll call you back after we locate it". They didn't call back.

Friday comes, friday goes. I have 3 beers after work, I'm sitting on my deck and thinking to myself "Self, you should make someone pay dearly." I ring them up. I give the Girlygirl absolute shit. She was actually near tears, and promised that shipping charges would be reimbursed, and she'll call Dartmouth location and call me back to tell me if they've found it.

She did call back that evening. "I can't get an answer on the phone over there. But I will call you at your office first thing monday morning."

Monday comes and goes just like normal Mondays generally do. No call. I call them late in the afternoon. I give them shit once again. "We've located the parcel in Dartmouth, would you like for us to attempt a delivery tomorrow morning?"

D'uh.

"I want a delivery tomorrow afternoon, to be delivered to the main office. Not to the warehouse, but to the main office. There's a COD charge on it, and if the right person asks why there's a COD charge on it and see I'm having personal stuff delivered here, I will catch hell. Afternoon delivery because I will be stuck in security audit review meetings all morning. Got it?"

"Go tit".

"Are the delivery charges reversed?"

"We've sent a message to the customer service rep to call you about that..."

"er, OK then. Right."

So they delivery it. This morning. At the warehouse. Luckily my bribes paid off to the warehouse guy. What a sick twisted joke these UPS bastards are.

Message waiting on my phone. "This is Brenda at extension 2087. We've located your package, and confirmed with the driver that it will be delivered this afternoon to the main office."

You have got to be kidding me.

Brenda gets a call from Joey. Joey is hurt, is hateful, is absolutely annoyed by this disruption in his universe that UPS had caused. Joey realizes by the tone of Brenda's voice that there will be no refund whatsoever. Brenda claims that since the package was no GUARANTEED delivery, that no claim would be honoured for reimbursment. Joey asks if the bogus brockerage charge of $28.55 includes this level of incompentance from a world re-known global empire like UPS.

Silence on the other end of the phone. Finally, "well, I am sorry that you feel that way Mr. Ross..."

Yeah. No doubt, you twisted mindless corporate pole smokin ... insert colourful adjectives here...

Ok, rant over. I feel marginally better. Need a beer though.
Tracking number 1Z10XW166885255104 if you want to call! Brenda at X2087. Sounds like a lonely lass. Think she's sad over people calling her and giving her shit all day long over lost packages. Go cheer her up and tell her I said "Hi!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:22 pm 
number one!

admin - clean up in aisle three.... sorry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:46 am 
Moderator & FAQ King
Moderator & FAQ King

mojojoeyjojo wrote:
admin - clean up in aisle three.... sorry

I hope you didn't leave a mess in the washroom as well. :wink:

maybe a picture Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:05 am 
Suzuki Elder

hehe! i don't know if it is attributable to your smokin' 56 k dialup connection, the twitchy forum functioning, or the fact that you're really pissed about realizing what arogant incompetents comprise UPS' service organization, but there were 3 copies of your post (now there's only 2) in this thread.

bad joey! :twisted: don't you know it's against the forum rules to make multiple posts! :razz:

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:08 am 
number one!

:oops:
Sorry about that! <tucks tail between my legs, exits stage left>

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:21 pm 

I've recently had the oppurtunity to deal with UPS, and found out that, as Kris has already said, if you ship air, the brokerage fees are waived. If the parcel is valued at less than $20 (don't know if US, or CDN) there is no brokerage fee charged, as well as no taxes based on the value. You must also not insure items for more thwn $20.
I have had at least 20 parts sent to me incorrectly, and had to pay ransom in order to get them out.
Canada post does a good job of shipping worldwide, as long as you knw how to use their services.
The website is good, but having postal outlets in one of Canadas larger chain stores makes shipping a 7 day a week possibility.
All you have to do is fill out a form to get your venture one small biz card, and a min 5% discount. It adds up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:56 am 

So far I have been pretty lucky with UPS. I have had 2 things shipped to me via UPS ground service and I have been charged nothing........yet. The last item was over 7 weeks ago and the other one before that. They did say that someone would have to be here to sign for it. I told them nobody would be as I work 8-5 mon-fri and my wife was working also. Theys said that they would try 3 consecutive days then it would be at their Nanaimo warehouse for 5 more days for me to pick up. When i got home that day after talking to them on the phone there it was sitting in front of my door. This occured both times! No bill ever sent. Like I said ........yet. Knock on wood!

Currently driving a 1996 Geo Metro 1.0L
Mods coming...............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:59 am 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

ups sent my 'account' to collections for fees they WAIVED after i raised a stink about their illegal/extortion bs. don't be surprised if 2 months later you suddenly get a letter asking for brokerage fees they've made up, signature or no signature. this of course only applies to packages arriving from outside of canada (the us) via ground.

funny enough, packages shipped into the states by ups (or usps/fedex/dhl) never seem to be taxed with brokerage or customs fees ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:43 am 

OK! That makes alot more sense. I have sent 5 items by UPS, and have never had a problem yet (sending across Canada or into the States). Does it have anything to do with having an account with them?

You have a girlfriend? :shock:

HiTemp Inc. ....... taking over the world one Sprint Turbo and Swift GTi at a time.

Chassis Flex Motorsports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:27 am 

HiTempguy wrote:
OK! That makes alot more sense. I have sent 5 items by UPS, and have never had a problem yet (sending across Canada or into the States). Does it have anything to do with having an account with them?

And thats why they call you jomo... :D
Its only a problem when receiving a package from out of country.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:44 pm 

Well, looks like I jinxed myself! The last 2 items that came via UPS I had to pay $44.02 cdn "brokerage fee" at the door for each. I only paid $79usd for the greddy catch can + $21 shipping and insurance only to have to pay that $44 extra when it got here. Damn that UPS!

Currently driving a 1996 Geo Metro 1.0L
Mods coming...............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:20 pm 

I have been burned by this also. I believe it was an extra $65 usd in customs fees to have my head shipped to canada. The solution was to ship it via USPS. It takes longer, and i forgot what the overall cost difference was, i believe it was cheaper also. I guess that saying has some truth.. 'Time is money'.
Doesn't UPS claim in it's commercials that it by-passes customs to ensure a quicker delivery?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:04 pm 
Sparky

I just shipped a CPU to CJDave abd sent it USPS International Priority Mail cost was $9.50 to ship and I stated Value of $5.00. It got to him in like 4 days and he made no mention of extra fee's.