TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:05 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:46 pm 
a.k.a Bum head

Alright. I've finally decided that it's time to get off my lazy butt and do something about this T3 supplement that Mike (suprf1y) has so graciously been lending me for the past year. It's for the '89 - '91 1.0L turbo cars built in Canada.

[edit]There's a link at the end of this thread to a copy that's hosted on my webserver. You'll see that it's now here as well... :lol:

http://starflowerstables.com/docs/t3_supplement.zip

If that link doesn't work, just PM me with your email and I'll send it to you personally.[/edit]

[edit #2]Link below for just the wiring diagram. Will always be the most recent version if any changes happen. PM me if this image isn't quite what you need and I'll attempt to fix it, if possible. Keep in mind that I don't have the original paper document. Perhaps suprf1y still has it, if you need it.

http://starflowerstables.com/docs/Mk2_Wiring.gif

[/edit #2]

So far, images are ~600kb 256colour GIF files. I'll probably squish them down a bit more, perhaps with 16 colour rather than 256, since they're just black and white, no pictures, just illustrations.

Let me know.

Chris

[edit]Using 16 colour GIFs squishes the files down to ~200k. That's what I'll do.[/edit]

Last edited by CJDavE on Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:23 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:10 pm 

I can host 20mb or so, on my isp account.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:36 pm 
a.k.a Bum head

Alright. All done the scanning. 124 Pages. 20Mb of GIFs. I suggest you check out my personal gallery to see the full selection of sections. I haven't uploaded all of the files, though, just the TOCs.

I realize that there are two section 6Cs... that's 'cause there are two in the supplement. Don't know why, but I'm assuming that perhaps this supplement might squeeze into a full-sized all-purpose G10-everything repair manual... don't know.

Edit: I have both a template for mounting the scoop (if it isn't in my gallery) as well as the Mk2 T3 wiring diagram if anyone wants it. PM me and I'll send them in an e-mail to you.

ps: Did I mention that all of the material that I've scanned is courtesy of suprf1y? I'm just doing the shitty work, since it needs to be done.

pps: In case of any people that might be upset about copyright infringement, I'll be glad to remove any and all files that are up for public exhibition if given reasonable notice. I feel that the supplement is no longer available from GM/Suzuki and that it does a lot more good on here than stuck on a dusty shelf where no one can get to it.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=42901&start=0

Last edited by CJDavE on Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 4:16 am 
Suzuki Elder

thanks for your considerable effort, chris. :worship:

you couldn't have finished up at a more opportune time for me.

and just to let everyone know, i used chris's template to cut the hood on the t3 vert project to mount the 'fly hood scoop on my metro. it was as precise as it needed to be for location. be advised that you have to eyeball the bend at the front and drill the mounting holes in the front tab after you bend the tab for the 1/2" drop. that drawing alone is worth it's weight in exhaust valves and will save you half a day's time in measuring for the location of the top mounted intercooler.

can't the supplement be added to the knowledge base?

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:02 pm 
a.k.a Bum head

I'm surprised that this topic hasn't get more attention than it has so far...

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:03 pm 

Just shows up as no thumbnail, could you send it over email to me or how could i get it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:50 pm 
Suzuki Elder

i have taken the liberty of uploading all of the pages of the t3 supplement as scanned by CJDave to the manuals listings in the album. they show up as no thumbnail but if you are logged on to the forum, you can click on them and they will display as pages.

there were about 3 pages that were too large to up load and i'm not sure how to deal with those but the bulk of the supplement is there.

http://www.teamswift.net/album_cat.php?cat_id=5

My Turbo3 Project
My Cardomain Page -Ol' Blue
My YouTube Channel
My Photo Gallery
SAAB Sonett II

Last edited by t3 ragtop on Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:10 pm 

Well if you run Windows xp download tweak UI then i am sure their is one that will allow you to resize the pictures by right clicking on them. Or you could load them in a photoshop and resize them to the correct specs, also when you do that save the file as a jpeg or gif.

BTW can you send it over email, cause i wanted all the pages and it would probally take a good hour or so to get them all one by one. If not that is okay.

Or another option is to host them on a bit torrent site and allow everyone who wants a copy to download one. (This would probally be the easiest)

Post subject: Scanned book pages
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:05 am 
The Smuggler

t3 ragtop wrote:
i have taken the liberty of uploading all of the pages of the t3 supplement as scanned by CJDave to the manuals listings in the album. they show up as no thumbnail but if you are logged on to the forum, you can click on them and they will display as pages.

I just wanna say "Thanks Man" :D :clap:
I downloaded all the pages you scanned and printed them off to read.
I have been looking for a repair manual for my 91 Sprint T3, and most people say the car does not exist.
This info is a great help to me in learning all about my unique set of wheels.
I know there are more pages to the manual, noticed that 6C8 was missing.
I was thinkin if you could get the rest of the pages scanned, I would create a data cd to keep on file.
As most computers can read the files you scanned, anyone need a copy I could mail them one for cost of disc and postage.
Or print a hard copy to mail, as the book is no longer in print I don't think it would be a problem.

I would "LOVE" to get the rest of the pages. 8)
Any plans to finish the rest?

Knuckles

Keep your eye on the boost guage!
And I love this one!
"Dale Jarrett's crew chief" "Drive it like ya STOLE IT!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:27 am 

I have FTP access to two different websites... I'm sure I could get it hosted on one. Could you email me the whole shebang at one go? My Gmail account can take it....(it has taken files upto 500mb in the past) zurech@gmail.com

'94 Suzuki Swift g10 3tech stuff:Port&Polish,225/355 cam,11:1 CR, SS valves,+10 Cam gear,underdrive; K&N intake; LTLSU's Custom racing springs with Monroe struts (2" lower front, 0.5" lower back); 185/55/R14 Kumho Ecsta SPT tires on Eagle 040 rims; Stripped out interior and removed AC system

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:06 pm 
a.k.a Bum head

Zurech wrote:
I have FTP access to two different websites... I'm sure I could get it hosted on one. Could you email me the whole shebang at one go? My Gmail account can take it....(it has taken files upto 500mb in the past) zurech@gmail.com

FTP would be an excellent way to host this. I can e-mail you the supplement in bits, since Gmail only lets you send 10Mb attachments. I'll have to hassle my ISP into straightening my mail account issues with them out so that I can send anything that I want again. Blah.

Anyway, expect mail tonight.

Chris

Post subject: Re: Scanned book pages
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:08 pm 
a.k.a Bum head

Knuckles wrote:
I would "LOVE" to get the rest of the pages. 8)
Any plans to finish the rest?

Knuckles

I'll e-mail you the missing page you were talking about. If your e-mail can handle it, I'll just send you the entire supplement in 8 ~1-2Mb chunks instead.

Can't wait to have a Torrent download or even an FTP site set up (damned ISP not letting me serve ANYTHING on my end of the connection makes this frustrating). Or perhaps for TeamSwift to just host the entire thing on it's own, not in a gallery.

Chris

Post subject: Re: emailing in chunks
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:26 pm 
The Smuggler

Go for it I have ADSL at work for my email
Give it a try and I will let you know if it worked

Paul

Keep your eye on the boost guage!
And I love this one!
"Dale Jarrett's crew chief" "Drive it like ya STOLE IT!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:35 pm 

Aight.... I'll check it late then, and maybe even get a link posted before tomorrow morning..

'94 Suzuki Swift g10 3tech stuff:Port&Polish,225/355 cam,11:1 CR, SS valves,+10 Cam gear,underdrive; K&N intake; LTLSU's Custom racing springs with Monroe struts (2" lower front, 0.5" lower back); 185/55/R14 Kumho Ecsta SPT tires on Eagle 040 rims; Stripped out interior and removed AC system

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:08 am 

Alright, its available for mass downloading. I clocked at 1178KB/s (yes 1.1MB per second *almost 1.2*:shock:) for over half the download then it slowed down to 700ish. So it should be good for everyone. Its a 20 meg file that extracts into folders organized by sections. Dont give me the credit for this, CJDave/Chris did all the work so if you have a karma point or two then give it to him.

Here is the link:

http://wmdarena.com/t3manual.exe

The page is for my Medal of Honor clan, and I would not reccomend browsing it without broadband as we have no signiture size limit (I recently removed mine which was over 10 megs for an example...).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:03 pm 
a.k.a Bum head

Zurech wrote:
Alright, its available for mass downloading. I clocked at 1178KB/s (yes 1.1MB per second *almost 1.2*:shock:) for over half the download then it slowed down to 700ish. So it should be good for everyone. Its a 20 meg file that extracts into folders organized by sections. Dont give me the credit for this, CJDave/Chris did all the work so if you have a karma point or two then give it to him.

WOOO! Excellent. Thanks a lot for setting that up for everyone! And while you're at it (if we even have karma points anymore) send a few over to Suprf1y as well, for letting me barrow the manual in the first place.

I'm glad it's finally available. :)

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:36 pm 
a.k.a Bum head

Working on an FTP site to host this supplement, as well, just in case anyone was wondering. :)

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:50 pm 

Wow this is awesome except that i have an '87 forsa turbo in my sprint. It has been pretty difficult so far to find some good diagrams on everything because i bought this car with the engine in a ton of pieces and it would be nice to know how to put all the hoses back on for one... Anyways I was just wodnering if someone could tell me the main differences between the mk 1 and 2.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:40 pm 
a.k.a Bum head

There are a few differences between the two models. I'm aware of someone doing the same thing as I've done with the Mk2 supplement, but I don't believe there's a link to it.

Edit: Link to torrent for the Mk2 T3 manual. Please seed.

CLICK HERE

Chris

Last edited by CJDavE on Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:26 am 

OK, I've removed it from my MOHAA/SH , CS:S clan's website. Thnx N1tro! lol its kinda funny.... when I first put it up, some gamers who dont even know what a swift is downloaded it and went Image lol It got around 200 downloads (I forget the exact number).... I dont think they were all from here lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:01 am 
a.k.a Bum head

Tiny update:

I realized that I screwed up a couple of files in the processing (saved them as .psp files, but kept the .gif extention... don't know how that happened) so I've uploaded a patch, for those of you who don't wanna download the full package, and updated the full package as well for those of you who haven't downloaded it yet. :D

Edit: No patch is needed now. The torrent I've linked to above is complete.

Chris

Last edited by CJDavE on Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:20 pm 

Is that why all the REALLY IMPORTANT pictures I wanted to open could not be opened? :lol:

You have a girlfriend? :shock:

HiTemp Inc. ....... taking over the world one Sprint Turbo and Swift GTi at a time.

Chassis Flex Motorsports

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:26 am 

What would be really cool is if someone set up a website that hosted this info, y'know, so the modem guys don't have to sell their soul downloading a 20 meg file. I'll have a look at it and see if I can't whip something up, maybe i'll even try tightening it up a little, image compression style.
Usually I hate using PDF files, but maybe this is a suitable situation for such a thing. (a dirty dirty thing at that.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:01 pm 
a.k.a Bum head

What do you mean by setting up a website? Have the individual .gif files available each on a single page? That's about the only way you're gonna save on bandwidth in this case... seems a bit much for the project though. (And it's not like there isn't unlimited dial-up available for rediculously low prices.)

Would you prefer that there be dial-up friendly packages with like ~5Mb of manual in each? That'd be easy to do.

And good luck compressing those files any more than they already are. They're likely to be unreadable if you try to squish them down any smaller. I chose the best compromise of file size vs. readability when I did the final saved versions. 4-bit .gif files are about as good as it gets.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:51 pm 

I haven't even looked at them yet, I mean, if they are a decent size maybe around 1-200k then that's very reasonable.