TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:48 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: studs...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:11 pm 

i was getting ready to put my 17's on. I put the rims on, everything is fine, but the studs aren't long enough. now, what do i do? i was thinking of taking honda studs and changing them out w/factory ssgti studs. what do u guys think i should do? <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: studs
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:52 pm 
Teamswift Racer

honda studs will not fit. <br>y isn't the shop installing the rims u just bought???<br><br>the honda uses a different size knurl,, and the treads are different on the studs, so if u did go with honda u would have to buy new lugs too.<br><br>i just put longer studs, and used the honda 12 x1.5mm tread pitch so i can fit honda rims on. it will cost approx 500 bucks to have everything machined if u can't do it your self. it still cost us 200 with studs,, and the machiing we couldn't do.<br><br><br><br><br>I am curious y the rims will not fit? i have had a bunch of different wheels on my swift <when stock> and no problem. the lugs u get when u buy rims should fit?<br><br><br><br><br>MURR <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: studs
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 7:25 pm 

the rims i have are universal 4 lug. they came off a honda. the lug nuts came w/the rims. the lug nuts won't even fit with the stock lug nuts. i don't even think they make a lug nut that small. i had the same problem my older geo metro. what do u think i should do? <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 7:50 pm 
Teamswift Racer

well your right the honda lugs will not fit on a suzuki car. and the sprints have really small studs. way smaller then the swifts.<br>i would go to a tyre shop and they will be able to hook u up. maybe a week or two but they'll get em in.<br><br>your studs are 12mmx1.25mm, whiles honda are 12mmx 1.5mm<br><br>Later<br>Liam <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 9:08 pm 

why won't the honda studs fit? i planned on replacing the studs. i don't understand whats there to fit. <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 8:38 am 

What kind of wheels are they? If you have a Metro with the 10mm1.25 stud you would need to run an ET style lug. If the wheel has a large enough hole. If you have a Swift I am not sure why your studs are long enough. Changing studs is a matter of match the nurl size and depth. You can get the 7/16 Moroso racing studs and put them in. But they are 2 7/8 inches long. If I can help with the lug nuts let me know. I am a wholesale distributor of aftermarket wheels in the US. <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 2:58 pm 

the rims fits on thier fin. the studs fit through the holes. the only problem i'm facing is that there is no room for lug nuts. thats the only reason that i would switch studs. if there is a way i wouldn't have to change the studs that would be great! <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 7:46 am 

Is the hole in the wheel real small. So much so, that the lug nut does not want to go in. If so it is what we call a tunner style wheel. It uses a special lugnut. That is smaller in dia. than a normal lugnut. Like I said before if you know the brand and style of the wheel I can tell you what lugnut you need. Or tell me the dia. of the hole and I can tell you. That is if your problem is the lugnut not fitting the hole. If you would like I can try to scan some lugnut sizes for you and e-mail them to you or if you have a fax I can fax the stuff to you. Let me know if I can help. <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 3:49 pm 

the wheels are 17 x 7" ICW 10 spoke rims. i just took them off my 2001 honda civic. the rims are universal 4 lug. the lug nuts i used tunner lug nuts on my civic. there is a little space for a lug nut to fit. the lug nuts i have don't fit. the space between the studs and the rims don't look big enough to fit a lug nut in. if you have any way to help i'm all 4 it. thanks. <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 6:47 am 

The stud size on the Civic is 12mm x 1.5 the Swift is 12mm x 1.25.. I have the tunner lugnuts in my wharehouse. Where do you live? I can run a credit card through and send them to you if you can not get them around you. Just post your e-mail address and I will send you my office number or you can e-mail it back to me. I am in Atlanta Georgia. The lugs are .70 cent each and the key for them is 3 dollars. This is all in US dollars. If you need anything else wheel related let me know. <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 10:14 am 
92 <br><br>What is your Email address ???<br>we need to talk =)<br><br><br>Rik<br>ESR <p></p><i></i>

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 10:46 am 

Rik, My e-mail is jbmcgalli@yahoo.com<br>If you want call me at the office at 800 453 6247 or 770 955 8535. Ask for Jay.. <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Rik
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 11:23 am 

I tried to call your number but no answer. Hope to hear from you. <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: Rik
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 3:01 pm 

i live in east, TN. thats not to far away from you. just e-mail me your number. are you sure these lugs will work with my rims? thanks for your help... <br> ccRacer@aol.com <p></p><i></i>