TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:55 am

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:42 am 
Offline
Moderator & FAQ King
Moderator & FAQ King
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:22 pm
Posts: 6460
Location: Vancouver, BC
You're probably gonna be looking at more work than doing a Cultus AWD conversion:
http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?t=13272

_________________
jaguar,vettes&sprints wrote:
...can you inlighten me about lihtan's
( miracle pour hole)
maybe a picture Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:19 pm
Posts: 1483
Location: South Point Ohio
Not worth the time an effort IMO. Unless you like to look mad tyte jdmish.


Edit.... 1000th POST!!! WOO WOO

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:17 pm
Posts: 3566
Location: Georgetown, Guyana
Gonna be a lot of work - why not import a JDM shell?

Before you get started, you might want to check your local laws, there may be restrictions on the use of a RHD vehicle - I understand they vary from state to state


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:09 am 
Offline
Moderator & FAQ King
Moderator & FAQ King
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:22 pm
Posts: 6460
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contrary to popular belief, RHD vehicles are permitted on the roads in North America. Where I live, even the garbage trucks are RHD. BC requires that RHD vehicles have a sign on the back of the vehicle alerting other drivers that the car is RHD, but that's about it. If you're makeing a left hand turn, sit and wait for the light to go yellow, if you're going through a drive through, just do it with the car in reverse :wink:

_________________
jaguar,vettes&sprints wrote:
...can you inlighten me about lihtan's
( miracle pour hole)
maybe a picture Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 11:36 pm
Posts: 133
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
I would love to own a right hand drive swift! I drove vehicles in Japan and being on the other side is for some reason quite fun! Wonder how much it would cost to import one from overseas? I know some people from where I was stayed while I was in Japan and they had a MK1 4WD Suzuki Alto or Cultus with right hand drive just sitting in their front yard (looked like my car). They actually had a graveyard full of them in the farm, only this one in particular appeared to be in decent shape.

Anybody know if one could be imported for parts, then fixed up here? Or would it have to be saftied/certified before this could be done?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:17 pm
Posts: 3566
Location: Georgetown, Guyana
Lihtan wrote:
Contrary to popular belief, RHD vehicles are permitted on the roads in North America. Where I live, even the garbage trucks are RHD. BC requires that RHD vehicles have a sign on the back of the vehicle alerting other drivers that the car is RHD, but that's about it. If you're makeing a left hand turn, sit and wait for the light to go yellow, if you're going through a drive through, just do it with the car in reverse :wink:


The way I heard it was that some states required a special permit - as in the post office jeeps, which are done that way so the driver can reach the mailbox without getting out, and other states restricted the distance you could travle from the city - but - this is not an area that I have any factual knowledge of.

I could give you the legal requirements to drive a LHD vehicle in Guyana, but I really don't think anyone cares.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:29 am 
Offline
Moderator & FAQ King
Moderator & FAQ King
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:22 pm
Posts: 6460
Location: Vancouver, BC
Aamp wrote:
I would love to own a right hand drive swift! I drove vehicles in Japan and being on the other side is for some reason quite fun! Wonder how much it would cost to import one from overseas? I know some people from where I was stayed while I was in Japan and they had a MK1 4WD Suzuki Alto or Cultus with right hand drive just sitting in their front yard (looked like my car). They actually had a graveyard full of them in the farm, only this one in particular appeared to be in decent shape.

Anybody know if one could be imported for parts, then fixed up here? Or would it have to be saftied/certified before this could be done?

Canadian vehicle importation laws are actually quite favorable for this sort of thing. For vehicles that are not from the US, you can bring over just about anything that is 15 years or older. Lots more info about Canadian importation laws here:
http://www.teamswift.net/viewtopic.php?t=7691

_________________
jaguar,vettes&sprints wrote:
...can you inlighten me about lihtan's
( miracle pour hole)
maybe a picture Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group