TeamSwift

Home of the Suzuki mini-compacts ! Your Home for all things Suzuki Swift, Geo Metro, Holden Barina, Chevy Sprint, Pontiac Firefly, and Suzuki Cultus. TeamSwift is a technical performance oriented community!
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:38 pm

Underbody braces, turbos and more!

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:13 pm 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

Quote:
We have received complaints of spam originating from your domain teamswift.net. If we continue to receive complaints, we will have no choice but to suspend your account. We have a zero tolerance toward spam as it states in our Terms of Service and this issue must be addressed immediately.

-------------------------
**WHAT IS SPAM?**

Spam is unsolicited bulk email. This can originate from any type of mass mailing such as a mailing list or mass email from a forum. Most spam is used to sell or promote a product but it can also be newsletters or announcements. Many ISP’s make it very easy to report spam; therefore, everyone must take steps to avoid accusations. Lunarpages must comply with the regulations for preventing spam or our servers will be in jeopardy of becoming blacklisted. Blacklisting a server will affect every customer on the server not just a specific account.

**BUT I DON’T SPAM!**
Lunarpages does not determine what is or is not considered spam. We receive reports from ISP's (such as AOL) or spam reporting agencies (such as Spam Cop) which we must address. The email that was reported originated from your account and was sent using our servers and/or your domain was advertised via spam(spamvertised). The email was reported by the recipient as spam. Lunarpages does not have the authority to override a determination of spam. Lunarpages is not notified who reported the email as spam.

Do you have an opt-in mailing list? A common complaint is that all subscribers agreed to receive mailings. Unfortunately, not everyone remembers they agreed to sign up or perhaps they didn’t take the time to unsubscribe. While we sympathize with this, we can not ignore the complaints and one of your users did report the mailing as spam.

Do you forward your account email to your AOL address? If you do this and then report spam yourself, it shows the last account that handled the email was yours. You were, in effect, reporting yourself as a spammer.

**WHAT CAN I DO?**

In order for Lunarpages to continue business worldwide, we must address every instance of spam reported on our servers. Even if you do not believe the email reported as spam was such, we must take action to eliminate this from reoccurring.

If you are sending out unsolicited bulk email, this is against our Terms of Service. You must cease all spam activity immediately.

If you have an opt-in mailing list or forum, it is highly suggested that all AOL email address are removed and no AOL addresses are allowed to sign up. While this might not seem fair, the largest quantity of complaints come from AOL users and we’ve found eliminating AOL addresses helps significantly in minimizing the risk of complaints. You can have the AOL customers supply an alternate, non-AOL email address.

Make it as easy as possible to unsubscribe from your list. A one click unsubscribe is best. Please note, though, that having a way to unsubscribe is not sufficient alone to prevent spam accusations.

Do not forward emails to an AOL account. If you must forward emails, ensure that you do not report spam from your account for emails that originated in your Lunarpages email. We suggest using Spam Assassin and email filters via your cpanel to eliminate spam.

**NOW WHAT?**

You must take steps to ensure your emails are free from accusations of spam.

This is a problem facing all web hosts. This is not an issue exclusive to Lunarpages; however, Lunarpages does attempt to make every effort reasonably possible for the customer to resolve the issue before more drastic steps are taken. We send this initial warning in an attempt to allow our customers an opportunity to correct the problem. If you choose not to take action by cleaning up your email sending practices, to ignore the problem or to continue spamming, we will have no choice but to take further action. This may include suspension of your emailing privileges, suspension or even termination of your account.

We want to continue our relationship with you as our customer and will assist you in any way possible. If you have any questions that are not addressed in this email, please send an email to suspended@lunarpages.com where we address specific issues of spam complaints and subsequent suspensions.

Thank you for your assistance in maintaining a spam free server and we look forward to many years of a successful business relationship.

so basically,
I'll be de-activating or deleting all the accounts with AOL email addresses starting tomorrow, if you have an AOL address, change it NOW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:34 pm 

:lol: Nice :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:39 pm 
Mk1 fiend
Mk1 fiend

Sorry to here this for your sake n1tr0 - it makes it hard for you to adminstrate a forum with this sort of stuff going on.

BUT

Just another damn good reason to keep away from AOL

I looked at AOL over 10 years ago as an alternative (when they distributed free CD's to get people sucked in- I had a full set of drink coasters) .. and then it was a problem, how it could control what you did and where you went on the net - it looks like it now gets even worse!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:15 pm 
Island Inbreeder

AOL & Norton Antivirus -PLEASE DON'T GET ME STARTED-

t3 ragtop wrote:
the 3 banger isn't at all a "grenade." it's a tough little son of a bitch doing a big job. respect it.
suprf1y wrote:
I didn't save anything.Vehicles are to me, like little boys are to Tommy.Toys to be abused for my own personal pleasure.
jrjd wrote:
"Driving a Swift GTi is like driving a bike in your house".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:31 pm 
The Smuggler

Ok I'll get it started AOL Sucks!
Always has and Always will.
:-P

Keep your eye on the boost guage!
And I love this one!
"Dale Jarrett's crew chief" "Drive it like ya STOLE IT!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:53 pm 
Sad but True...

OHH No!!!!! Thats all I have.

If my Swift was as fast as Tg or m's car I'd be famous...
My car is a trailer queen 'cause it's too slow to merge safely into traffic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:42 am 

down with aol. mwahahahaha

you should of made a point for all aol users to quickly open up a yahoo(or anything free) email and change it in their settings

onepointO wrote:
...after getting kick[ed] out of my moms house...

now thats a swifter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:45 pm 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

mass deletes of AOL.com users in progress .. I can almost feel the avg. IQ rising :lol:

btw, this was all spurred by

Quote:
Feedback-Type: abuse
User-Agent: AOL SComp
Version: 0.1
Received-Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 10:16:43 -0400
Source-IP: 209.200.229.90
Reported-Domain: alkaid.lunarpages.com
Redacted-Address: redacted
Redacted-Address: redacted@

--boundary-1138-29572-2659438-5680
Content-Type: message/rfc822
Content-Disposition: inline

Return-Path:
Received: from rly-xa04.mx.aol.com (rly-xa04.mail.aol.com [172.20.64.40]) by
air-xa01.mail.aol.com (v115.11) with ESMTP id MAILINXA13-6e4628cb382a3; Fri,
20 Apr 2007 10:16:43 -0400
Received: from alkaid.lunarpages.com (alkaid.lunarpages.com [209.200.229.90])
by rly-xa04.mx.aol.com (v115.11) with ESMTP id
MAILRELAYINXA410-6e4628cb382a3;
Fri, 20 Apr 2007 10:16:25 -0400
Received: from teams4 by alkaid.lunarpages.com with local (Exim 4.63)
(envelope-from )
id 1HetuS-00088N-Ko
for redacted; Fri, 20 Apr 2007 07:16:24 -0700
To: redacted@aol.com
Subject: Account Activated
Message-ID:
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 07:16:24 -0700
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: PHP
X-MimeOLE: Produced By phpBB2
X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any
abuse report
X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - alkaid.lunarpages.com
X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - aol.com
X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [32231 32232] / [47 12]
X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - alkaid.lunarpages.com
X-Source:
X-Source-Args:
X-Source-Dir:
X-AOL-IP: 209.200.229.90

Hello novarally,

Your account on "TeamSwift" has now been activated, you may login using the
username and password you received in a previous email.

if you're upset, feel free to send a nice thank-you to redacted@aol.com
and if you know this guy in person, feel free to deliver a sharp kick in the nuts on behalf of everyone ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:48 pm 

so he set up a team swift account then when you sent him his confirmation letter he flagged you as spam...... :?: :shock:

banned for life he should be yes.

onepointO wrote:

now thats a swifter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:26 pm 

allmtrswft wrote:
OHH No!!!!! Thats all I have.

I don't know if you're serious, but, if you are there's nothing to stop you from using aol as an isp, and opening a hotmail, yahoo, or gmail account.

When I visit NYC, I usually stay with a friend who uses aol, and I have no trouble getting my email from other isps or webmail providers through aol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:02 am 
Sad but True...

I am serious.Thats all I have! I have to figure out a way to get another Email account. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:25 am 

read the post above you!

onepointO wrote:

now thats a swifter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:39 am 
Sad but True...

I seen that :P The new email account would only be for "TeamSwift Use" I just have to do it this weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:22 am 

If you want a gmail account (worlds better than yahoo! and hotmail) pm me with your aol email address and I'll send you an invite when I get home. Don't know if you still need the invite to setup a gmail, but I remember seeing something on my gmail saying I had 50 invites left....

This was for allmtrswft, but if anyone else needs one I'll see what I can do... just keep in mind that I can't access gmail from work so it will have to wait until this evening...

I help folks setup email accounts all day long on cell phone and pda's and without a doubt AOL is a huge pain in the rear. Basically we have a list of all the popular providers incoming server settings and can usually get someone setup in less than 5 minutes, but with AOL after putting in the basic settings we have we have to go through and get it working through trial and error... as an example, my company's outgoing mail server does not require authentication, but when you setup an email account on certain pdas you have to check the box for 'Outgoing Server Requires Authentication' in order to retrieve your email!! Its nutsoid!

I would also stay away from Yahoo! and Hotmail as they don't allow for POP/IMAP access on their free accounts, gmail does. I know, it isn't the biggest issue for most people, but you'd be suprised how many people I have to tell everyday that they can't get their email on their phone with the account they have... it is a real pain in the rear to have to setup a new email account and get it distributed to all your friends/family/business associated.

Anyways...

Just trying to help out,

Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:54 am 
Mama Said Knock You Out!
Mama Said Knock You Out!

THANK GOD!! Can we ban all yahoo.co.uk too? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:13 am 
Former TeamSwift Admin
Former TeamSwift Admin

GeoZukiGTi wrote:
THANK GOD!! Can we ban all yahoo.co.uk too? :lol:

don't worry, w/ global warming the UK will soon be renamed to Atlantis, the lost country. :lol: